Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Burning out through 1st and 2nd is driving me a little nuts. I want to decrease this as much as possible, so I was thinking of redoing the suspension and maybe putting on traction bars. I figure, what is the point of increasing the horsepower and torque if I am not fully utilizing what I already have? So can anyone recommend a good suspension setup? Also, are traction bars really worth it? Any down sides?

FYI, I have a 2008.5 Mazdaspeed non-GT

As a side note, I test drove the new 2009 WRX. I have no idea why the performance numbers are so high, as it felt really really slow. I even asked the salesman if it was in limp mode or something (he was not very happy that I asked this). I loved the AWD, and the interior was decent, but for the price and the fact that it didn't FEEL fast, I happily got back in my MS3 :) In fact I even felt a little guilty as if I cheated on my car or something :(

·
Registered
776 Posts
The new 09 WRX posted some jaw dropping numbers in car and driver. I think it was sub 5's 0-60, something like 4.7 so I am shocked you found the WRX to be slow. A 0-60 of 4.7 would absolutely kill a mazdaspeed3.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was impressed by all the numbers I was finding in magazines, but when I actually drove it, it just felt uninspired. It was the weirdest thing. I have nothing against Subaru (I actually REALLY like them), and I am not saying that my MS3 is a super-car at all, it just seems that a sub-5 second car, would have felt faster.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
And the WRX looks like a Corolla.. so g'damn ugly.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yes, it's definitely not a looker, but I love the AWD. I drove an STi back in 2006 and I was absolutely BLOWN away at the performance. It was the best handling, driving car that I had ever driven.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts