Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a salesperson this past weekend that Mazda is not offering a recent college grad rebate on the 3. Is this BS?? While I'm at it, are the recent college grad and owner loyalty rebates able to be combined? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The grad is for the 3. I just got my proof of my future graduation today, so I can submit it to the dealer before they charge me $500 more dollars. You should be able to use the grad and owner loyalty. The dealer doesn't loose the money, it's from Mazda.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
It has to be within a certain amount of time, right? (like, you can't be a grad for 3 years and then apply for it, or something...?)

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
you have to be within 2 years of graduation (either before or after graduation) from a 4 year school, or 6 mo before or 2 years after a 2 year school.

When you apply for it is irrellevant.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
I got my grad rebate automatically at the dealership. Just showed them my diploma-they made a copy of it and presto! got 500$ subtracted.

·
Registered
563 Posts
They gave me the 500 off at the dealer, but said I must provide proof of future graduation otherwise I would be recieving a bill.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Yeah, it's much easier if you've already graduated then if you haven't yet.
Ah, didn't know it was different for those who hadn't graduated yet.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I went to my school and after fighting with the grad office, i went to the enrollment office. They had a preprinted "letter of intent" that they filled in my name and grad date for. Seems to have been pretty standard.

·
Registered
947 Posts
When I bought my MZ3, Mazda's web site said that the owner loyalty and recent graduate programs could not be combined for the purchase of a new 3. However, dealer's own internal documents showed that they were. I didn't want to take a chance so my sales papers do not show any rebates, just a straight sales price of $1000 lower than what it would have been.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
So... did your dealer take the hit for the discount (only to claim the rebates for themselves)? Otherwise, doesn't make sense why they would take the extra $1000 off...

·
Registered
947 Posts
The dealer said they are going to submit the paperwork for both rebates and Mazda will reimburse them. However if they don't get any of the rebates then it's their loss because the rebates do not show on my sales contract.

I have a friend who owns a Protege and I am in grad school. I also qualified for the 3.9% financing for 60 months.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I went to the advising office at my school today and the adviser was telling me that I have to go get a letter from my department saying I'm on trackto graduate in june, and then come back. Just the regular pain in the ass bullshit.

Anyone know if I can use my current school schedule, which says I'm a senior for the rebate. I am scheduled to pick up my car on friday (my b-day) or monday and don't want this to hold me up. It would be nice to have the new wheels for the weekend and put some miles on the thing (the weather is supposed to b nasty though).

·
Registered
563 Posts
I tried using a letter I recieved regarding graduation and my transcript saying I have 113 out of the 120 credits needed to graduate. I was told I needed something a little more specific. I went to my grad office, and they told me they wouldn't do it. I then went to my enrollment services building(where you register for classes) and they were able to give me a "letter of intent". It's a predrafted letter with blanks for the name and date, that says if you don't screw up, you're scheduled to graduate at a certain time. All they did was look in the system and checked when I was registered to graduate(May), and filled the form out. See if you can grab one of these.

HTH
Craig

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Just confirmed that the "letter of intent" will work as proof for the $500 rebate at my dealership. I hope everyone else is in the same boat.

119/120. I wonder if I'm going to graduate.... 8)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my new 3 and didn't know about the grad rebate. :( I wonder if I can bug them for the rebate? Probably not. Oh well.

In other news. mm. three.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts