Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my first post here @ mazda3forums... I don't have a mz3 yet but I realized that after my test drive, I didn't open the rear windows.

Ok, I admit that I'm wierd, but I find in appealing of the rear passenger windows on cars are able to go ALL THE WAY DOWN. I know the current Toyota Camry and Lexus IS300 are able to go all the way down and the last protege5 went most of the way with about 10% of the window still up. I really can't stand it the way my old 2002 altima had it, where only HALF of it went down. Sucky...

If it does, can anyone show pics of the rear window as far as it'll open? Thanks...

I hope to have my mz3 before the summer... haha, my stingy pockets are hopin to get a loaded model with nav under $20k out the door... haha... i can dream can't i?!?!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i'd try it but as u know its been so windy down here in socal i dont even want to open the windows lol...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
sweet, i didn't check this out either and i really hate when you can't roll the window all the way down. People in the back feel like little kids. I wonder if a manufacturer will enable a switch to turn that funciton on and off like the child proof doors.

·
Registered
744 Posts
6_funk said:
they open all the way down
yep, I noticed that too, they go all the way down.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Rear windows that don't roll all the way down is not a "safety" design, per se. Most of the time it is due to the rear wheel arch. The door glass is wider than the space it is rolling into, so it can only go down so far. Don't know if I explained that too well, but hopefully you get the idea. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rockin... yeah, its actually the first thing I notice... even when I'm a passenger. I don't like feeling like a kid in back... in in some cases, having half the window up in the back results in some wierd wind distortion noises. I don't know if you may have noticed it.

Thanks pplz! I'd like a pic tho... that would be coolness w/ all ur windows down all G'd up ;-)

·
Registered
882 Posts
One of the things I tested in my first visit to the 3 in the showroom was that. My previous 02 Pro5 wouldn't let the windows go all the way down, only a half inch to inch would stick up making it uncomfortable for people in the back to put their arms out. Not that big of a deal but I agree it's nice to have them go all the way down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This was a really nice surprise! I just assumed all new cars had rear windows that just came down part-way, so I didn't even bother checking them until this post. Yet another great 3 feature to brag about :D

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Hah!!

kry10, is that supposed to be Goth Tweak?? :)

Cool deal...

Yeah, the windows coming all the way down is a huge plus, IMO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
DJ Spencer said:
kry10, is that supposed to be Goth Tweak?? :)
Actually, have you ever seen the Create your own South Park Character website? I created my Avatar after an especially tough day at work, trying to capture as closely as I could how I looked then :D

Of course, now that I think about it, Tweak could have hung out with the Goth kids on South Park, thanks to his coffee addiction. After all, "You can't be a non-conformist unless you drink coffee." (That was probably one of my favorite episodes from this season!)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Just seeing Skinny Puppy everywhere was my favorite. And the flip of the hair.

Hah... I was rolling..

Heh-heh.. Benny's. :)

that site is addictive... :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Haha, actually i didn't go see if the rear windows were able to go all the way down..even that i've driven the car for a couple of weeks

But it does bother me too that if a car's rear windows can't go all the way down (such as the old integra).

But im glad that it does go all the way down..hehe

As to it being a safety feature? NO. just straight simple that the window is too wide for the door and space it rolls down into...which just suck a lot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts