Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just got my 3 and love it!

I do have a question about the sprayer in the back. It pretty much just spews all out over the rear window. I dont think this can be right. Is this normal? I might swing by the dealership today but I dont want to look like a dope. thanks.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Does it do the job? These tend to not spray as accurately as the front sprayers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually I dont think it does the job because I have to turn the wipers on again to get the fluid that starts to run down. It looks like someone is back there pouring their soda on the back window.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah, thats pretty much how mine is too..guess it just doesn't bother me because if Im using the rear window washer, the car is already dirty anyway! :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
I didn't even think mine worked until a week ago. I tried mine right after I got it, didn't work at all. Not realizing the line might not have been primed at the factory/dealer (I'd put it last on my list, too), I didn't think I even had a rear washer. Thought it might have been an option, and I was too lazy to figure it out, plus I was washing it weekly in good weather. Lo and behold last week, I tried it again and it dribbled down the back window. Not a stellar performance, but it worked. Looks like I'll have to remember to clean that wiper more often, so when I need the cleaner it actually works.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Rear window washers are designed to dribble instead of spraying. This is to keep the fluid on the glass instead of flying off when using the window washer at speed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I am just surprised the mess it makes. I think the best thing to do is a little squirt. I took it to the dealership anyway because it is next to my gym. Yup, they said that is how it works.

Nice place, drove right in, checked it out. They topped off the washer fluid and even showed me how to check how much is in there. (Hold your finger over the hole and the cap has a straw attached to it and you can see the level)

I probably sound like I know nothing about cars, that is not the case, haha.

·
Registered
77 Posts
[quote author=mistaneon link=topic=134329.msg2888271#msg2888271 date=1232839013]
I guess I am just surprised the mess it makes. I think the best thing to do is a little squirt. I took it to the dealership anyway because it is next to my gym. Yup, they said that is how it works.

Nice place, drove right in, checked it out. They topped off the washer fluid and even showed me how to check how much is in there. (Hold your finger over the hole and the cap has a straw attached to it and you can see the level)

I probably sound like I know nothing about cars, that is not the case, haha.
[/quote]

Wow, I thought this was a defect in my car! Good to know that's how it's supposed to be... although it makes it feel like it's kind of a waste...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm glad someone finally brought this up. I've been wondering about mine since I got it. :)

Ted

·
Registered
432 Posts
HeHe...generally any car with a rear wiper has a rear washer!!! :bottle:

·
Registered
138 Posts
[quote author=g3ck0 link=topic=134329.msg2897779#msg2897779 date=1233238380]
Weird, when I turn my knob over to the fluid spraying position, I don't see any spray come out...
[/quote]

Move the wiper off the glass in back, and twist for the rear fluid until you see it dribble out. I must have hit mine about 50 times before I ever saw anything. Of course, I will assume you have enough fluid. I'd imagine in Jersey, you're cleaning the front windows sometimes for winter road spray. Just make sure there's enough, and give it a try.

Just so everyone knows, the nozzle is behind the 'fin' taillight, hard to see, and is right next to the glass.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
yea mine just drips down.... it sucks cause its not a spray i was actually thinking about, but hey it gets the job done

·
Registered
432 Posts
Im almost considering the RA mudflaps (even though Im not big on mudflaps) because of all the shyt that gets sprayed on the sides and especially the rear of the hatch+back window. :rant:

·
Banned
292 Posts
haha i don't even use mine. I just clean it everytime I'm at the gas station.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The rear window of the Speed is hard to clean with a gas station washer/squigee as the big spoiler is really in the way on the top!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts