Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the front wheels have a 15mm wider track than the rear wheels, but today I followed my wife home (shes driving the SP23) and it "appears" as though the car isnt tracking straight on the road ? :? You know when you see an old bus or truck "crabbing" along the road, obviously out of whack, not as bad, but noticeable.

When we parked at home, I got down the back and had a look, if I visually line up the rear side of the rear left tire with the front side and look along the body of the car, I can see about 5-10mm of the side skirt outside the tire line and on the right side about 20mm of side skirt. It goes to Mazda tomorrow for window tinting and underbody and inside panel rustproofing etc, so Im going to get a mechanic to look at it for me.
NOT what I expect from a new car with 800km on it. It hasnt hit ANYTHING to put the allignment out. It feels straight on the road, ie doesnt pull either way noticeably, slightly left due to road camber at times but thats normal.

Anyone else noticed this problem ?

Lancair

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, at my free 1000km service/checkup today I asked them to check the allignment, the rear WAS OUT. The service manager guy told me he suspects the dude doing the allignment pre delivery didnt check it, expecting it to be right from the factory. He was happy Id noticed it as it will save premature tyre wearing, which had it gone on, they may have had to replace the tyres for me.

Lancair

· Registered
948 Posts
Ha! I don't believe that mechanic. Fat chance they are going to replace the tire for you, even if it is their fault. Because by the time you've racked up 15K of tire wear, you *must* have hit something (according to typical dealer logic) on the road to take the alignment out of whack.

But it's a good thing you caught it and the dealer is fixing it for free. Can't count on the dealer for crap these days...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.