Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My girlfriend has the base-model 2006 Mazda 3 (no frills, no power doors/windows/etc.), and her rear speakers are not working.

I'm going to go ahead and assume they're actually there, as I've found no evidence that Mazda sells the car without rear speakers, though it was bought used so they may have been removed.

Any ideas on things I can check to get them working/see that they're there?

I'd rather not disassemble the door panel, but if it comes to it I'm willing to try.

I assume it's not a fuse problem, since the front speakers work fine. It's an OEM head unit.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
They may be blown. Or, if someone had an aftermarket stereo in the car at some point, someone may have tapped off of the speakers to grab a signal and never hooked them back up.

Taking the panel off is actually quite easy. Just a couple of screws and clips, and you're in business. And the harness is pretty easily accessible as well. No screws, just clips. It's behind the "T" shaped panel that runs up the door frame between the front and rear doors. Pull the door sills ups (they just pop off), then pull snap that panel out. Moving the seats as far forward as possible helps.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
When I installed my stereo, I ran all new speaker wire to every door. The stock stuff was too light of a gauge for my tastes.

If it's not already there, while the front doors are a bit of a challenge, getting speaker wires into the rear doors is pretty trivial. Pop that "T" shaped piece of trim I was talking about off, and right there is the door harness connection. I used a drill bit and slowly went through the plastic near the top. You'll see what I mean when you look at it. I routed my new speaker wire right through the factory door boot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They may be blown. Or, if someone had an aftermarket stereo in the car at some point, someone may have tapped off of the speakers to grab a signal and never hooked them back up.

Taking the panel off is actually quite easy. Just a couple of screws and clips, and you're in business. And the harness is pretty easily accessible as well. No screws, just clips. It's behind the "T" shaped panel that runs up the door frame between the front and rear doors. Pull the door sills ups (they just pop off), then pull snap that panel out. Moving the seats as far forward as possible helps.
Hey how I got a Mazda they had an amp and etc hooked up how I could I reconnect my rear speakers 🔊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts