Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know a lot of you have changed out your rear springs. How thick is the rubber insulator? If this is worn or degraded could it be causing my excessive rear negative camber?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
its not what is causing the negative camber and the rubber piece is about 3/4 and in thick. The fact that you and I and many other people have negative camber is because we lowered the car from its factory specs and their is unfortunetly no way to bring it within specs because of the drastic change without buying aftermarket parts. :(

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I forgot to say that My suspension is all original. A year ago (86,000 mi), my rear camber was R: -2.5 L: -1.8. I forgot to get the printout at my last alignment, but I would guess that rear camber is around -3.0, substantially out of spec.

I plan on ordering a rear camber adj so I can tune the rear. Other upgrades will soon follow.

Paul

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
There is no reason that your camber should be that horrible those are numbers that my car has and thats after dropping it 2 inches. You either got a wrong camber number from whoever did the work or they just had no clue how to adjust it back. Their is a way however but nothing that will adjust your camber to that degree. only 1 degree. .9 i believe is normal i have that info from the manual.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The back of my car seems to sit very low. I have very high mileage & tend to carry a load most of the time. I suspect something is sagging.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
you can get a rear camber correction kit.

my stealership wants 250$ for one, ron tonkin, a sponser on here says he can get it for 185$ shipped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts