Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know if I buy racing beat springs would it be a good idea to buy rear spec camber links to strengthen it. I know the drop is .5 which I believe is not needed to buy but it would be to strengthen them. Any input would help guys. Thanks again :)

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
You don't need camber links to strenghten them, just to adjust camber. If you end up needing camber links, go with adjustable ones such as SPC links.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
No. Dropped on Pro-Kit, no links needed. Varies from car to car. Some need them with any drop, some don't.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you guys think that racing beat springs handles well for autocrossing events?

·
Registered
501 Posts
[quote author=condor888000 link=topic=135769.msg2924077#msg2924077 date=1234207586]
No. Dropped on Pro-Kit, no links needed. Varies from car to car. Some need them with any drop, some don't.
[/quote]

I know our cars need them after you get passed 1.5in my old mazda3 that i wrecked i lowered with sportlines and adjustable camber links were required to align it also any lowering will affect the camber in the rear and will put the camber out of spec at an increasing rate the lower you go. with a mazda3 we do not have adjustment for our camber in the links like some cars do in the rear only the front can be adjusted besides maybe some camed bolts in the rear

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Please go back to 4th grade and learn how to compose a complete sentence.

[quote author=Adam3324 link=topic=135769.msg2924067#msg2924067 date=1234207427]
if you plan on lowering your car over .75 in. you will definitely need adjustable camber links
[/quote]

Wait, didn't your last post say over 1.5" you need camber links? Make up your mind. :roll:

Pro-Kit drops the car ~1.2-1.5". I have stock rear camber links and my camber is within spec. Not every car will need them. Some will, but not all.

Now, if you lower the 3 it WILL effect the camber, I never denied that. But simply lowering may not change the camber enough to move it outside of spec. My car's proof of that. Your assumption that you always need links is flat out wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts