Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 99% of the topics discussing the front head lights, I thought I'd mention how much I like the rear light cluster on the Mazda3 HB, specifically the back-up light. I've always wondered why back-up lights are so puny on many cars, effectively only as a signal to others that you are backing up. The back-up light on the Mazda3, however, is nice and bright, lighting up whatever you are backing into. On other cars I've driven, I had to tap the brakes to get some lighting from the brake-lights. Not so with the Mazda3. The back-up light provides good visibility.

Also, I noticed that the pattern given off by the rear lights is really cool.

And since no thread in this topic is complete without mentioning HIDs, anyone know if a HID conversion kit for the back-up light is available?

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,756 Posts
Re: Holy bright back-up light Batman!!!

LeeLee said:
And since no thread in this topic is complete without mentioning HIDs, anyone know if a HID conversion kit for the back-up light is available?
Actually, on Rally cars (not all), the reverse light is sometimes a HID foglight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
I think the pattern is cool too. When I first got my car, I sat in my covered garage (apt complex) at night, and just keep pushing the buttons so I could watch the pattern....

Suppose I could have just turned on the hazards, but what's fun in that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,089 Posts
Re: Holy bright back-up light Batman!!!

vaBooM said:
LeeLee said:
And since no thread in this topic is complete without mentioning HIDs, anyone know if a HID conversion kit for the back-up light is available?
Actually, on Rally cars (not all), the reverse light is sometimes a HID foglight.
haha that would stir up some debates...AW im being blinded front and back haha..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Re: Holy bright back-up light Batman!!!

LeeLee said:
With 99% of the topics discussing the front head lights, I thought I'd mention how much I like the rear light cluster on the Mazda3 HB, specifically the back-up light. I've always wondered why back-up lights are so puny on many cars, effectively only as a signal to others that you are backing up. The back-up light on the Mazda3, however, is nice and bright, lighting up whatever you are backing into. On other cars I've driven, I had to tap the brakes to get some lighting from the brake-lights. Not so with the Mazda3. The back-up light provides good visibility.

Also, I noticed that the pattern given off by the rear lights is really cool.

And since no thread in this topic is complete without mentioning HIDs, anyone know if a HID conversion kit for the back-up light is available?
agreed! i love the reverse lights... the ones on the P5 were very good too... I also love the fact that the HB has yellow rear turn signals... it should be law in NA that all cars have a separate yellow signal lense... I HATE the many big 3 cars with the brake light serving dual purpose as a turn signal as well... just not as safe.

and regarding the HID reverse lights... I have seen at Canadian Tire (for those in Canada of course), 50W halogen reverse light kits, dunno if they still have em but i've always wanted to see what kind of difference they make!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
I think the pattern is cool too. When I first got my car, I sat in my covered garage (apt complex) at night, and just keep pushing the buttons so I could watch the pattern....
That gave me the image of turning on a flashlight in front of a baby. Oh man, the shinu things are the best in life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
Re: Holy bright back-up light Batman!!!

Slalom said:
it should be law in NA that all cars have a separate yellow signal lense... I HATE the many big 3 cars with the brake light serving dual purpose as a turn signal as well... just not as safe!
Thank you! Someone else that agrees with me.... Most people I make this rant to don't really see it that way, but I do. And it's annoying - especially since it's usually big ass SUV drivers that are half way in the lane before they even think about using the "red" turn light....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
Re: Holy bright back-up light Batman!!!

DJ Spencer said:
Slalom said:
it should be law in NA that all cars have a separate yellow signal lense... I HATE the many big 3 cars with the brake light serving dual purpose as a turn signal as well... just not as safe!
Thank you! Someone else that agrees with me.... Most people I make this rant to don't really see it that way, but I do. And it's annoying - especially since it's usually big ass SUV drivers that are half way in the lane before they even think about using the "red" turn light....
I agree with this too. I hate it when some big fullsized truck is in front of you and his center brake light from his bed cover keeps blinking because he was stupid and hooked it up to one of his brake lights. The only reason that the center brake light is even required in cars sold in the United States was because some idiot decided that brake lights need to double as turn signals. What ever happened to be original without being stupid?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,849 Posts
I think turn signals should be amber - hard to see from a distance on the highway if the guy will change lanes if another red light pops up (rear) or if someone wants to turn left at an intersection and you confuse their white turn signals w/their headlights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
Yeah, but then we get ricers who don't realize there is a reason for all these colors and decide to go for a cosmetic LED light show on their cars. We got purple break lights and green head lights and blue turn signals.... Where does the madness end!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
It ends on pink neons....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,851 Posts
I was talking with Felipe at a meet a few weeks ago about the pattern the tail lights put out. I managed to get some pics of it shortly after talking and haven't found anyone else that's posted them. This seems like a good thread to bring back rather than create a new topic for it!

The housing itself:


Bright spots on the pavement:


Same on the gutters of the house:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top