Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I just bought a 2005 2.3 GT 5 door hatch. It is a 5 speed and i love it. A bit too much of a car for a student though lol :p.

Anyways, I bought it As-is so there is no warranty or anything. 2 days after I bought it I had to pull the parking brake really hard to stop the car from rolling on a VERY steep and slippery hill. After I've done that, the breaks on the left rear got stuck. Mechanics "fixed" that for 50 CDN. However a day later the hand break got stuck again, but not as severe.

So i was wondering if there is a diagram or a picture of some sort so i can fix it myself. I mean im sure since it is only stuck slightly I just have to clean the cable up a bit or just hit it with a hammer, I just want to know where and how to do it before i break something :)

P.S.
I love the car though :) Much better than my old 4 door 5 speed cavalier :)

P.P.S.
Oh yeas and the brake handle is loose about an inch up, so Im guessing that is by how much the brake is stuck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, there used to be links on this forum to a website that had the shop manual. Do a search for it, it should come up.

Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts