Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint my rear reflectors and I was wondering; has anyone removed their bumper off their speed 3 yet? Is it the same as a 3 hatch? Instructions or pictures would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I thought about doing something with the reflectors too. I saw one person has used vinyl decal material to cover his up. He just stuck it over the reflectors. I thought that was a decent idea. When you get up on it, you can see uneven cut lines in the vinyl, but from a distance you can't tell. Let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I wish to get rid of the deflectors as well. I imagine taking off the rear bumper is much the same as on a regular Mazda3. I would also like to paint the entire grey area as well. I dont think it matches the True Red colour very well.

·
Registered
543 Posts
An option... you guys could just put blue painters tape around the reflectors and then "tint" spray them. At my local Tuner Shop they sell the JDM tint spray (literally from Japan) to do taillights, headlights and other reflectors. It comes in black, red and yellow. I'm gonna use it for my rear bumper reflectors and to tint my fogs yellow.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=MS3_Mafia link=topic=68561.msg1191723#msg1191723 date=1170837767]
An option... you guys could just put blue painters tape around the reflectors and then "tint" spray them. At my local Tuner Shop they sell the JDM tint spray (literally from Japan) to do taillights, headlights and other reflectors. It comes in black, red and yellow. I'm gonna use it for my rear bumper reflectors and to tint my fogs yellow.
[/quote]

that would be easier, maybe ill do that instead :D
thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts