Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I installed my new flex innovations grounding kit today. Start up my car and immediately within 5 seconds it powers down.

Now when I plug the key in or try anything it does nothing. Battery reads a solid 12v. I'm a bit worried i've shorted/fried the computer. No fuses blown from the few that I checked.

Anyone had a similar problem or could point me in the right direction to diagnose the problem?

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Double check all of the connections and make sure everything is bolted back properly. If its still the same way try removing the grounding kit and see if the car starts back up properly. Hopefully you didn't fried anything. :(

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, turns out it was the battery. It was pulling about half the amps it should have... A new one fixed it right up.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
haha, when I first read this, I was like what?! Theres no way a grounding kit would do that haha :lol:

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
[quote author=krazyk86cu link=topic=138318.msg2981238#msg2981238 date=1236489473]
haha, when I first read this, I was like what?! Theres no way a grounding kit would do that haha :lol:
[/quote]Assuming competent install. Who knows, I bet someone out there has made their + terminal very well grounded before

1 - 6 of 6 Posts