Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can come visit the forum after not doing so for days and it puts me somewhere between my last visit and the newest post, randomly. Has no bearing on which thread i've read or anything.

Unread should only mark read if I read that thread, not if I read ANY thread.
Unread should stay unread if I don't read them.

Please fix.

·
FMV Admin
383 Posts
Presently the marking system is based on an inactivity cookie tracker that updates whenever you log in to the site. Can I ask what browser you're using?
KN Community Support

·
FMV Admin
383 Posts
I've changed it to database manual marking, it'll only clear threads after you mark them unread, see if that helps the issue
KN

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only thing I don't like is that all my old subscriptions are marked unread and there's no way to blanket mark them all read besides going and opening them all.

But going forward this is awesome.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Yeah that's the only annoying thing is you can't "mark as read" apparently.. which is unusual.

I feel like the system should "Mark all read" after 24-48 hours of not reading new posts.
I don't know if that is a setting possibility or not.

·
FMV Admin
383 Posts
Yeah that's the only annoying thing is you can't "mark as read" apparently.. which is unusual.

I feel like the system should "Mark all read" after 24-48 hours of not reading new posts.
I don't know if that is a setting possibility or not.
No, it's database manual marking (now) database automatic marking (same day not every other day) or cookie based which clocks based on when you log in based on a tracker cookie.
KN

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, that's dumb. If I don't read it, it's not read. The end.

Does your email mark stuff read that you don't read? No. Why? It's not read. Stop being silly.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
True, fair enough; but I don't want to read it.

At least in my email I can click on the check box and say "mark as read"
Or slide it on my phone and say mark as read.

Which... my point being is that should work; and that's always a solution.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
True, fair enough; but I don't want to read it.

At least in my email I can click on the check box and say "mark as read"
Or slide it on my phone and say mark as read.

Which... my point being is that should work; and that's always a solution.
If you don't WANT to read it, unsubscribe from the thread....

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It works great.

Found a workaround, made all post on page 1 of my subscriptions read and it'll at least look normal from now on, even if the other pages are just sitting there unread.

·
FMV Admin
383 Posts
If it's running through the database which it is and you log in it should track where you are at. Where is it only letting you view the last 24 hours?
KN

·
FMV Admin
383 Posts
That is strange, though the marking now is entirely manual, in order for something to be marked read you need to mark it that way. But are you saying it's not letting you see any thread older than 24 hours?
KN

1 - 20 of 20 Posts