Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: Messed up Steering Wheel (with pics) --plz help me-- :(

okay so looks like a solution.

I'm defiantly gonna take my time with this n work, since the mazda badge is cracked should i just disconnect the batt (so the horn doesn't keep going off) and just finish ripping off the badge and just cover it all up with the epoxy?

**also since my sound control's don't work and im alrdy patching up my fuck up think i could take out the buttons n just use the epoxy on the holes that will be there when i remove the buttons? **

·
Registered
235 Posts

Defiantly disconnect the battery then put your foot on the brake for a few minutes and let it sit so all the juice is out sometimes the ecu has a reserve for like 5 mins idk about this car...

I wouldnt reccomend using it to fill the button voids unless you actually remove the button switches and leave the physical buttons in, then use super glue to keep them depressed and then go over them with the epoxy, sand, paint and etc...

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

okay so if i did rip out the badge im sure id scatch up the other side and fuck it up just as bad but i guess since im fixing one side ill be doing it to both n e ways to make it look even, also the badge is pretty much junk n eways,

mby i can rip it off well enought that i can save the badge and actually re use it?!

even when buttons pushed in they still stick out a lil so its not flush, if that's the case id just leave it

I guess i just need a guide the remove the airbag, anyone doenst happen to have one do they? :)

i prolly wont do this till i have my whole week off in another week ( you know take my time n not make this a total fuck up )

·
Registered
248 Posts

Search for a factory manual/service manual. They are floating out there somewhere...

Just remember. If union guys put it together, you can take it apart! (and hopefully put it back together with minimal spare parts)

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

[quote author=ForestGrump link=topic=136143.msg2933790#msg2933790 date=1234506869]
Search for a factory manual/service manual. They are floating out there somewhere...

Just remember. If union guys put it together, you can take it apart! (and hopefully put it back together with minimal spare parts)
[/quote]

lolmao ahh that line is cracking me up :lmao:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

[quote author=blankets3 link=topic=136143.msg2933527#msg2933527 date=1234498562]
stero controles dont work anyways since i have a deck in my car n programming that was gunna be a pain in the A**, id prolly just upgrade my belts n get harness's
[/quote]

If your insurance company finds out you've disabled the airbag they WILL drop you. Too much liability.

·
Registered
302 Posts

[quote author=TEKWATCH link=topic=136143.msg2933997#msg2933997 date=1234529410]
This all could of been avoided if you would have done some research and asked first if it could be removed easily.

[/quote] :true:

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

[quote author=TEKWATCH link=topic=136143.msg2933997#msg2933997 date=1234529410]
This all could of been avoided if you would have done some research and asked first if it could be removed easily.

[/quote]

I know :(

I feel like a moron as soon as i started i was like fuck this isn't gonna work is it... but i kept going for some reason :S

I just gotta patch it up n count my losses

Pics to come maby ill make it into a how to "how to fix your major fuck up"

-edit-
o yeah... any suggestions on how to finish removing the mazda logo? lol if i can save it the better but it will have to come out since its cracked and chipped. I'm even sure whats holding it in i think its like melted into the plastic :shock: didn't feel like glue.

I was gonna try some goo gone in a needle:
1- so it doesn't spill everywhere
2- to get under the badge without prying it up anymore

·
Registered
407 Posts

[quote author=bearda link=topic=136143.msg2933976#msg2933976 date=1234525097]
[quote author=blankets3 link=topic=136143.msg2933527#msg2933527 date=1234498562]
stero controles dont work anyways since i have a deck in my car n programming that was gunna be a pain in the A**, id prolly just upgrade my belts n get harness's
[/quote]

If your insurance company finds out you've disabled the airbag they WILL drop you. Too much liability.
[/quote]

pretty sure if the insurance company found out about this site and saw all the mods on the cars the would just drop everyone haha as far as it goes around here once your mod your car to add hp they have the choice to not cover you because your car is not build to "crash" with the extra power... silly but thats what i found for around were i am

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

·
Registered
38,019 Posts

[quote author=ziegs2020 link=topic=136143.msg2934872#msg2934872 date=1234553758]
8500 posts, you might have slipped somewhere :p
[/quote]

Oh I'm sure I have. I'm just not paranoid enough to go back and fix it :p That and I've never had the car dyno'd, so I have no idea how many ponies I've actually got ;)

21 - 40 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.