Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: In Final Steps! (Fixing Steering Wheel) *huge mod /w new pics*(+mini game:p)

Im trying to get off that small mazda badge but doing it my way im just scratching and making marks all over the steernig wheel instead!

help!!!

... k i just fucked it up its so ugly now ... i have to get the mini badge on the steering wheel off in 1 piece or ill have huge problems i lifted one side but its all ugly and scratched and i think cracked a lil :(

okay so i fucked up my steering wheel its so ugly and i dont know what to do i really need to get this cleaned up, cover it ANYTHING i need ideas cuz mine clearly dont work...

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: help me before i destroy my steering wheel even more

[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=136143.msg2933035#msg2933035 date=1234488146]
take off the rest, then prime and paint the middle part of the wheel glossy black
[/quote]

It wont come off all im doing is jsut messing up the plastic, im sure i could get it off but ill finish messing up the plastic all around it and making it all ugly and scratched does this thing even come off?
has anyone actually taken it off??

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: help me before i destroy my steering wheel even more

[email protected]# wish i knew this b4 i was a idiot and attacked the car

for thoes who dont know what im talking about im talking about the mazda badge on the steering wheel...

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
Re: Messed up Steering Wheel (with pics) --plz help me-- :(

Wow, I ...uh ....just wow. :shock: There are a couple of members trying to sell full MS3 steering wheels....I think you should pick one of those up and possibly not mess around with it :shock:

·
Registered
3,667 Posts

wow.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

i know its really fucked... im a idiot.. i know i know.... besides buying a whole need wheel can anyone think of ANYTHING? like id rather do ANYTHING

·
Registered
3,667 Posts

you dont have to buy the whole wheel, just that middle piece which is the airbag

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

[quote author=mario8402 link=topic=136143.msg2933432#msg2933432 date=1234496516]
you dont have to buy the whole wheel, just that middle piece which is the airbag
[/quote]

which is expensive as hell, i was hoping to beble to like wrap the whole middle in like leather or suede to cover it up, i just thikning all the lile groves will show through?

if i have to do that ill prlly just get this in red

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

Sand it down and paint it?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts

say bye bye to stereo controls on the wheel if you go with the aftermarket wheel. It does look nice though

EDIT: wait, then you would have no airbag. forget that dude. if ur head smashes that wheel, you'd be fucked.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

[quote author=krazyk86cu link=topic=136143.msg2933478#msg2933478 date=1234497382]
say bye bye to stereo controls on the wheel if you go with the aftermarket wheel. It does look nice though

EDIT: wait, then you would have no airbag. forget that dude. if ur head smashes that wheel, you'd be fucked.
[/quote]

stero controles dont work anyways since i have a deck in my car n programming that was gunna be a pain in the A**, id prolly just upgrade my belts n get harness's

·
Registered
638 Posts

Epic fail.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

[quote author=Galvatron link=topic=136143.msg2933539#msg2933539 date=1234498904]
Epic fail.
[/quote]

gee thanks...

I know i went big thikning this will be so kool if i get it and ... ya clearly didnt happen

beside a new wheel anything i can fabricate or something else i can do? ...

·
Registered
235 Posts

remove the air bag, buy some devcon plastic weld at walmart,

take 200grit sandpaper and sand the cover
clean with acetone or warm water and soap (make sure 100% dry)
mix the epoxy weld
work quicky
spread the epoxy into the gouges and then let it cure for 48 hours, after two days sand the highspots down and to original contours

use 200, 400, then 1000 or a buffing wheel with polishing compound.

buy automotive interior and vinyl dye (in areosol can) (black)

Follow instructions and use multiple coats

Viola, you just restored your mistake and now you can paint the mazda emblem or leave it black like the rest of the wheel

·
Registered
930 Posts

[quote author=MZR23MZ3 link=topic=136143.msg2933660#msg2933660 date=1234502040]
remove the air bag, buy some devcon plastic weld at walmart,

take 200grit sandpaper and sand the cover
clean with acetone or warm water and soap (make sure 100% dry)
mix the epoxy weld
work quicky
spread the epoxy into the gouges and then let it cure for 48 hours, after two days sand the highspots down and to original contours

use 200, 400, then 1000 or a buffing wheel with polishing compound.

buy automotive interior and vinyl dye (in areosol can) (black)

Follow instructions and use multiple coats

Viola, you just restored your mistake and now you can paint the mazda emblem or leave it black like the rest of the wheel
[/quote]

^yeah, that....or some local wrecking or tow yard maybe? Simplest would be a new airbag. Covering it with suede will interfere with the airbag and not be too safe. Restoring it like described above would be the cheapest probably..

·
Registered
31,083 Posts

[quote author=mario8402 link=topic=136143.msg2933334#msg2933334 date=1234494822]
wow.

[/quote]
:lol: nice smiley

to the OP, you can have some comfort in the fact that you're not the first one to f*ck that shit up, lol.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts