Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: I just got a 2009 Mazda3 hatch

I am now on my 3rd week of driving my new 2009 Mazda 3 Gran Touring 5 door:

The next week the stock rims were replaced with a snow/rim combo from Tirerack, just in time for a couple inches of snow.

This is the 5th Mazda we've had in the family (previous models include a 1994 626, 1996 B3000, 2004 RX-8, and my wife still has her 2003 Mazda6 4 cyl. 5 spd). So far I am very impressed by the car in terms of comfort, speed, and build quality.

I was previously driving a modified MINI Cooper, and need to do something about the cornering of the 3, as well as the sound (exhaust and engine are too quiet!). So I will be curious to hear about the intake, sway bar, and catback mods people have done, or are planning.

Anyone add any racing pedals? I found a set of Autovation pedals on the rpm store online that includes a dead pedal for less than $100.

Great info on these threads for a Newbee!

·
Registered
15,654 Posts

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forums. My stock suggestions to everyone are to check out the "why you should buy a third key" thread stickied at the top of this forum, and to upgrade the anemic OEM horn.

You'll find lots of information on suspension, and I/H/E upgrades. You can greatly improve the car's handling......... might not get to the point of a modified mini, but hey....... :)

One of the moderators on mazdaforums has those autovation pedals in the machined finish and he absolutely loves them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips and info about the autovation endorsement.

I'm not looking for the same go kart ride of the MINI (which, while fun, could be especially harsh on rough roads). I went with the Mazda3 for more space, better ride/features - a similarly equipped MINI would have been $5k more - and above all else, improved reliability).

How much of a hard time is my service dept. going to give me if I do the intake myself re: warranty issues?

·
Registered
15,654 Posts

That depends on your service dept. Some dealers are very mod friendly, while others take any opportunity to void a warranty. Technically the mazdaspeed CAI does not void warranties (except in the case of hydrolock) but some dealers require that they install it vs. the customer doing it. I'd talk to your service manager before modding and see what they say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts