Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out the nosiest ass rattling spots. I'm droppin a Fosgate 15" T1 in my trunk. before I do that I got some liquid damper im lining it with, but will it be enough? I emptied my trunk to look around you know, and my uncle showed me this "common sence" years ago...I pounded inside the trunk with the ide of my fist. First thing that drew my attention of course was the high rattling of he exaust heat shield which I hadn't even cared to notice till now...but where else, because I know theres going to be a difference with the trunk closed vs. open

oh yah..and I know that shield gotta be buggin alot of you with good bass..anyone remove/mod this yet??

·
Registered
513 Posts
hmm i have a alpine type -r 12 and i have very minimal rattling i havent notice anything that i could hear at least when the sub is on hahah

what do u got hatch or sedan??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sedan

I mean, i havent seen too many people rolling 15's these days and last guy I did drove with his trunk open just so his lic. plate didnt rattle!and that was with dynamat. I got v bloc and can pretty much cake it on as thick as I want but even then my biggest concern is still that heat shield..anyone take it off yet?? and if so, you really notice a temp difference?

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
its there for a reason man.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I actually got a lot of rattle caused by the rear deck lip vibrating against the rear window, 100% cured by a few pieces of foam wedged between the two

·
Registered
34 Posts
i shoved sweaters up on the rear deck and tucked them into where it touches the window. its worked beautifully. a few socks in strategic places helped as well

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
About the worst vibration ive got left is my rear passenger aero flare acting like it wants to fly off- just cant get it to sit 100% flush, must be a curve from factory fault- lil sum bitch gonna go soon.

And as for rear deck - I had run a couple bolts through to the top of the rear deck. Also foam glued all around the seams where plastic was not fully secured. Next ill wrap the whole damn rear deck with vinyl and hopefully the buzz will quit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahhh ductape ...love that stuff..hmm..wonder how much it would take???? would make a pretty good damn college prank right? Ive done the post-its thing...but tape!!! thats a whole new level of hurt there

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
if ur gonna prank someone with tape, do it with painter's tape. blue or green. It won't hurt the paint when it comes off.
Duct tape might peel the clearcloat.....

if someone duct taped my car, I would have to duct tape their head and drop them off a cliff. LOL

For the interior....if you want to duct tape your car....power to ya! let me know where tho. I got lots of rattling as well.
Don't want to pay for sound deadening when I am considering purchasing a speed3 in a few months. Rather sound deaden the car Im gonna keep.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
well, if you have a hatch

the cheapy plastic furry piece that goes over your trunk space, and the plastic piece that goes around the upper brake light in the rear window. that stupid piece of plastic is the only thing that rattles in my car, i need to do something about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts