Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here it is.

Like the subject says, I've noticed a rattle noise coming from the front passenger door... it isn't constant, but once I turn the volume up and there is base, it starts up. At first, I had thought that I blew out the speaker, but it is fine. I haven't pinpointed where exactly it is coming from, but if I apply pressure to the door, it stops. I checked to make sure everything was fastened/hooked in properly, and I am at a loss as to what is causing the sound. It's become quite frustrating.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
turn your bass down.

problem solved!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Oricle, but yeah, my VIN is well past the effected cars.

Bass, Base, whatever... neither looked right to me ;)

It isn't that the Bass is too high, or even loud... probably should have phrased my initial post better. I can get the rattle with the volume as low as 6. No where else in the car does it, just that front passenger door. The louder the volume, the more prevalent the rattle becomes.

·
Registered
870 Posts
If you have had aftermarket speakers installed, when they were being installed they had to take off the door panel. You might have broken a few of the plastic brads that are used to attach the door panel to the door frame. If so you'll need to replace them - you can buy them at the stealership, but they charged me $1 a brad - which is ridiculous considering they cost a penny to make I'm sure. 10000% markup FTL :grr:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I have the same rattle on the driver's side door. This may be the reason and my VIN is well within the range. Mine comes more at speeds above 45mph...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same ratteling sounds and speed over 45mph..... if you look under the dashboard on the Passanger side there is a lose plastic that can be causeing this problem give it a check.....

G

·
0 Posts
If the rattle is coming from the door, there's a piece of styrofoam attached to the bottom inside of the door that sometimes isn't firmly attached to the door, causing a rattle. If your car falls within the TSB range for this fix (there's a TSB for this), take it in. If not, take off your door panel, remove the clear plastic access panel cover from the inside of the door and either find a way to tighten the block, or do as I did and stuff a piece of pink insulation between it and the door. Mine never rattled again after that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
GimmeA3s is absolutely right. I had the same sound coming from the passender and driver doors. Just take the inside door panel off and fix everything what is loose. ;) MZ3 is a compact class car, and it's interior is not very high quality. So year after year you should expect more rattles :) Remember, that many inside parts are fixed with plastic clips (only), so it's logical that vibration causes irritating sounds...

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
What is weird is that I have had my door panel off twice and not found anything rattling. It is almost fromt eh door up by the first circle vent on the driver's side.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
How do I take the front door panel out?

·
Registered
81 Posts
do a search, you should definetely find something on this. anyway, it's not very hard to do, I've done it a few times, but sorry - have no time to write up a tutorial ;)

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Well can anyone tell me? I tried searching in the forums but nothing came up. Would they be in the service manual? Do we need any special tools?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts