Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been piddling around the rear deck trying to stop the rattles for some two weeks now. It still rattles like a mofo after everything I have tried. If I just sound deaden the whole trunk will it help these rattles enough to be worth it? Before I had done anything the rattling was unbearable and even now it is annoying as fvck. I feel like I'm not even hearing the song right bc after the end of the note I hear the damn rattling and its driving me crazy. Other people have to have had this problem. I have a sedan, 1 12" compvr, and a really big ported box. THIS SH!T HAS GOT TO STOP! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
try this..

open the trunk and take off the trunk light cover. That thing rattles like a bitch and it wasn't until i took out the entire back of the car that I realized that was the problem, lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did this work? This has been irritating me as well. I sat in the back with it turned up and holding down the rear deck seemed to end most of the rattling.... im still looking into what i could that isnt so permanent.

btw my first post heh

·
Registered
186 Posts
So did the rattling stop?? Because I have that same rattling on most songs.. It gets ridiculous sometimes, because I have two 12" Kicker CompVr Subs.. I was also wondering about that stuff that you can put on the inside of your trunk.. I think its called Dynomat or something like that.. A friend was telling me about it.. Does it work??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=foolishbean link=topic=66962.msg1150024#msg1150024 date=1168839168]
try this..

open the trunk and take off the trunk light cover. That thing rattles like a bitch and it wasn't until i took out the entire back of the car that I realized that was the problem, lol.
[/quote]

Ok so after doing this, my bass is finally rattle free. I never thought I would have bass this smooth in my 3 and it sounds amazing. Here's everything I have done:

I know its ghetto, but if you have the sedan and you do these things your rattling will at least be much better.

1. Open the 3 little buttons on the plastic leading up to the rear deck. (behind the rear seats)

2. Reaching up into the crack you have just created, stuff 1 t-shirt in between the metal and the plastic deck on each side.

3. Put 2 pieces of carpet pad between the plastic (where the buttons were) and the metal.

4. Stuff shirts where the deck meets the window, I used 2 but just do it so it goes all the way across.

5. Take off the trunk light cover.

I'm still not 100% rattle free but at least my bass sounds good, and the small remaining rattles only show up when certain odd notes are held by the sub. I doubt I'll ever get it perfect, but it sounds really good now. I can finally hear it punch when I have it up loud without the ensuing buzzing. If you are having the same problems try these things, any one of them can be rattling pretty bad and all together sound like hell. Good luck!

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
i don't know if you're all talking about the same thing...but stephanie and her uncle found a taillight rattle too, and it sounds like a similar scenario...ask steph, she posted it...

·
Registered
130 Posts
[quote author=07mazda3s link=topic=66962.msg1151378#msg1151378 date=1168912668]
Ok so after doing this, my bass is finally rattle free. I never thought I would have bass this smooth in my 3 and it sounds amazing. Here's everything I have done:

I know its ghetto, but if you have the sedan and you do these things your rattling will at least be much better.

1. Open the 3 little buttons on the plastic leading up to the rear deck. (behind the rear seats)

2. Reaching up into the crack you have just created, stuff 1 t-shirt in between the metal and the plastic deck on each side.

3. Put 2 pieces of carpet pad between the plastic (where the buttons were) and the metal.

4. Stuff shirts where the deck meets the window, I used 2 but just do it so it goes all the way across.

I'm still not 100% rattle free but at least my bass sounds good, and the small remaining rattles only show up when certain odd notes are held by the sub. I doubt I'll ever get it perfect, but it sounds really good now. I can finally hear it punch when I have it up loud without the ensuing buzzing. If you are having the same problems try these things, any one of them can be rattling pretty bad and all together sound like hell. Good luck!
[/quote]

your welcome :D now you can finally enjoy

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote author=foolishbean link=topic=66962.msg1151902#msg1151902 date=1168942293]
[quote author=07mazda3s link=topic=66962.msg1151378#msg1151378 date=1168912668]

[/quote]

your welcome :D now you can finally enjoy
[/quote]

Yes, big ups to you foolishbean. Now all I have to do is wait until I have a little free time and find the rattles coming from the sidewalls of the trunk and hopefully that will be all of them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts