Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had the car for almost 7 months and have 2 chips on my 2008.5 mazdaspeed3 windshield....One was 1 month after i got the car and was fixed with a resin filled solution, the second happened at 65mph on the highway by a rock that i never heard , left a rock chip and a small spider crack by my rear view mirror.

Worst windshield quality in a car i've ever seen/had.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
im pretty sure you just got terrible luck. I drove my first Mazda 3 for 4 years and only got a couple small rock chips, no cracks. Only had the Speed for 2 months and I got a massive chunk taken out of it and it cracked.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I have always replaced windshields every few years, so nice to have one brand new with no rock chips.

I have more than a few now, getting on my nerves, some right in my line of sight.

Call one of those companys that offer free windshields, I do, never paid a dime.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: RANT: Mazda has the cheapest Windshield I\'ve ever seen.

Terrible luck or not, the windshield on my ms3 is thin and a piece of shit.

My previous mustang, scion and infiniti held up a hell of alot better than the mazda. I drive the mazda more conservatively on the highway...

/rant

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
When I lived in Texas and had my 05 Hatch, I was always getting pegged by rocks and shit from big 4 wheelers and such, never a rock chip or crack, and now the same here in Cali with my Speed, no chips or cracks and I've had some big pieces jump up and hit my windshield. You're just upset, I understand, I'd be too, but has nothing to do with the car or its windshield, just shit happens and you roll with the punches.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

[quote author=PRBLU3MZR link=topic=133969.msg2880077#msg2880077 date=1232558837]
You\'re just upset, I understand, I\'d be too, but has nothing to do with the car or its windshield, just shit happens and you roll with the punches.
[/quote] No...im not upset, im just ranting...comparing it to my previous cars, the windshield on my ms3 sucks. that is the bottom line....my other cars took some pretty good hits on the highway and never had a ding or crack, my ms3 takes a small little \"nick\" (i could barely hear it) and it spiders down a few inches...

not to mention the ms3 windshield looks thinner as well.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
LOL I still think its just a freak of nature, because my instances were with LOUD and HARD hits on my windshield, plus I don't think all rocks and debris hit windshields the same way, could be the highway or roads you're driving on are just getting heavier with rocks and crap, it happens.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

[quote author=PRBLU3MZR link=topic=133969.msg2880097#msg2880097 date=1232559102]
LOL I still think its just a freak of nature, because my instances were with LOUD and HARD hits on my windshield, plus I don\'t think all rocks and debris hit windshields the same way, could be the highway or roads you\'re driving on are just getting heavier with rocks and crap, it happens.
[/quote] fuck the 91 and the 15 freeways then!!!! lol

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Seriously lol, because when this started happening to me, I stopped taking the particular freeways at certain times to avoid this as much as possible. You can't control the amount of construction and dumb ass truck drivers that travel through those areas.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

[quote author=PRBLU3MZR link=topic=133969.msg2880154#msg2880154 date=1232560113]
Seriously lol, because when this started happening to me, I stopped taking the particular freeways at certain times to avoid this as much as possible. You can\'t control the amount of construction and dumb ass truck drivers that travel through those areas.
[/quote] i think the culprit was the cement trucks. why isn\'t there a law to protect motorists from these assfucks, I will never know.

So much for \"protecting the people\".

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Well what I like here in Cali is that they inforce this deal where slow trucks and big trucks are to stay to the right, and if not, popo pulls them over for it. Now occasionally you'll see a truck here and there fuck up, but nothing like what I dealt with in Texas.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

[quote author=PRBLU3MZR link=topic=133969.msg2880163#msg2880163 date=1232560294]
Well what I like here in Cali is that they inforce this deal where slow trucks and big trucks are to stay to the right, and if not, popo pulls them over for it. Now occasionally you\'ll see a truck here and there fuck up, but nothing like what I dealt with in Texas.
[/quote] thank goodness you\'re not in texas, but enforcing the truck laws on the highway? it\'s more believable if you are even capable of seeing a chipper on the damn highway! i haven\'t seen a single chp in over a week, i think the 18-wheelers take advantage of this, i\'ve seen some ride on the 3rd lane for a while lol, even had a dude with a towtruck towing a car rolling on the carpool lane, he was the damn size of the carpool lane

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Where do you live?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

[quote author=PRBLU3MZR link=topic=133969.msg2880186#msg2880186 date=1232560813]
Where do you live?
[/quote] montclair, california

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Damn, well I guess CHP up in the Bay Area puts in down for the cause, most of the time lol...

·
Registered
131 Posts
You are so right, after a "Texas" rock hit my windshield I got a new one. After seeing how thin the Mazda one was I opted for one made in the states.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got my first chip the second day I owned the car ;(

Then I got another small one on the third day.

I too was livid, since I never had a chip on any of my other windshields (and they had been hit just as hard).

I wonder if the sticky layer they put between the glass is a cheap piece of polymer that doesn't dampen very well....

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
i agree with the op. mine cracked from being cold and going over a small speed bump. :( i also know of another local speed owner that had to replace his from cracking.

·
Registered
505 Posts
On Thanksgiving, 08 a bird flew into my windshield while cruising on the parkway. Scared the crap outta me. Just had to clean the blood and grease off and all was OK.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts