Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe that anyone in this forum has a raised spoiler installed...

I'm really looking foward to see it in "real pics" ...

·
Registered
744 Posts
I went to the dealership today to turn my car in for the Airbag light coming on and I saw a Mazda3s Sedan with the same color as mine in the showroom with the high spoiler. All I can say is that I was not too impressed for how much it would cost to have one installed. Because of the center brake lamp in the trunk, the spoiler doesn't have to have an LED brake light, one think I love about spoilers. Pretty much I would use the money to have one installed so I could have a handle to open the trunk. :D

M

·
0 Posts
I honestly prefer the lip...

You see soo many raised spoilers around nowadays...

and i think the lip sits well with the sedan..

Doesn't make it look like a shopping trolley.. :D :D :D

·
Registered
6,290 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
i have one, but i haven't taken any pics.

i prefer the raised over the lip, b/c the lip just seems like a waste of money. i wanted my 3 to stand out a little bit more than others.

the lip spoiler is the same price as the raised, and for what?
its hardly noticible.

·
Registered
202 Posts
spoilers in general lose a lot of their asthetic value when you know they are just decoration (like on a front wheel drive car). In fact, they add weight. I'm sorta ok with the one on my HB since it just extends the shape of the body, but If I could remove the spoiler easily, i would.

If forced to choose betwen the 2 spoilers I would get the lip spoiler, since it just alters the contour ofthe trunk.

So why pay for one? save the money and put it into something that will actually make your car perform better.

·
Registered
137 Posts
yeah, spoilers are just for looks. all the more reason to buy one. the raised one cheapens the look of the car. makes it look too ricey. i'd get the low lip. looks like an expensive european look.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
are you kidding? The raised one gives the car that MZ6 look... brings in some "sexiness"...

Adding a ricey GT wing would make it look cheap ;) hehehe
Which I might end up doing :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
i bought the raised spoiler cuz i thought it made the car look like the 6, which i wanted to get but couldn't afford.

rice is just an opinion, my reasoning was that the lip spoiler was not noticible enough for the $. i'm not one of those "all performance sleepers" kinda guy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i thought the 6 was kinda ugly. it looked too long and skinny. plus, all the interior trim looks and feels like spray painted plastic.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My car has the raised spoiler...I think it looks much better. Part of my reasoning for it was to make my M3 look a little different than every other 3 on the road. Being factory, I dont feel it gives off a ricey vibe.

I would also like to add that its kind of funny how touchy some people are over the lip vs. raised spoiler topic, its just one of those personal things...to each his own. :)

For those who do not know what the raised spoiler look like.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts