Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering has anyone apply Rain X to their front windshield ? Will it affect the rain sense sensor?

·
Banned
868 Posts
I have applied a "hard surface protectant" to the surface of the windshield to do the rain bounce thing, and it doesn't affect the rain sensor at all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Rain sensing wipers monitor how much water is hitting a portion of your windshield, and activates the wipers accordingly. Rain X doesn't stop the water from hitting your windshield; it just stops it from sticking to the windshield. Sensors should remain unaffected by it. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
i havent put rain-x on my windshield.

i think it's really either u apply rain-x or not use the automatic wipers since rain-x leaves a coating on your windshield and i find that the wipers tend to slowly rub off this coating so you'll end up with having spots on your windshield that has rain sticking to it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i used the rain-x and everything works fine...i've had no problems

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love rain-x. I put it on over a month ago now and am just about to reapply. Have washed my car twice in that time without having to reapply. I do a lot of highway driving and I barely use my wipers at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts