Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey .. I thought some of you that may want to get rain visors on your MS3 and would like to know how they look.. Well here are some pics , I got the ones from mazda rather then some other aftermarket brand because I like how slim line they are. They don;t stick out 300 feet from the window. Personally i love them and think the car looks alot better, althought some will think that they are gay.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I made a topic months ago but forgot about it regarding these.

How much and how do these attach? Double sided tape or into the window channels?

Looks good to me :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They Were $75 canadian for the set of 4. Bought them from Mazda while I was browsing during my first oil change. They are listed for the regular 3 hatch, but of course the MS3 windows are exactly the same. They are double sided tape and also have clips aswell that tuck inbetween the metal and the weather stripping.
A couple tips for anyone that might get them.... get them on str8 because that tap is like freakin superglue! Also the instruction only come in japanese and they make no sense what so ever with the clips and such, i swear even the drawings are japanese haha. Had to figure out which clips are for which myself as there are like 3 or 4 different sizes depending on which area of the window the clip sits. And one last thing ... put the clips on after you stick them to the window! the instruction indicate otherwise, but trust me just do it!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
nice I like em, and not too pricey either. Granted what is their purpose?

Allows you to crack your window if its raining?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=68368.msg1180665#msg1180665 date=1170344290]

[/quote]

yup, uper handy for you smokers out there.
I like what they accomplish...but they always seem to look gaudy. yours look good though.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
[quote author=Simple69 link=topic=68368.msg1180460#msg1180460 date=1170321551]
They Were $75 canadian for the set of 4. Bought them from Mazda while I was browsing during my first oil change. They are listed for the regular 3 hatch, but of course the MS3 windows are exactly the same. They are double sided tape and also have clips aswell that tuck inbetween the metal and the weather stripping.
A couple tips for anyone that might get them.... get them on str8 because that tap is like freakin superglue! Also the instruction only come in japanese and they make no sense what so ever with the clips and such, i swear even the drawings are japanese haha. Had to figure out which clips are for which myself as there are like 3 or 4 different sizes depending on which area of the window the clip sits. And one last thing ... put the clips on after you stick them to the window! the instruction indicate otherwise, but trust me just do it!
[/quote]

PS what tint % is that f/b?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
[quote author=dutchie3 link=topic=68368.msg1180691#msg1180691 date=1170345439]
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=68368.msg1180665#msg1180665 date=1170344290]

[/quote]

yup, uper handy for you smokers out there.
I like what they accomplish...but they always seem to look gaudy. yours look good though.
[/quote]

yeah i never like the looks of em, and only use i could think of was to allow you to crack the window and smoke in your car if its raining...but those actually don't look half bad, but i dont smoke so i don't need em.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Those'd be nice, since I always have a window open. Not a smoker (anymore) but like fresh air. It'll be -20 degrees and i'll have the heat blasting and an open window.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Wow, those are so nice looking. I'm not the type to typically like them since they are usually such a bad fit and so bubbly. But those are definately OEM perfectness.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Yeah, as I look again, looks like a trip to the dealer is in the works for me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the compliments guys .. I do like these alot! But before i saw them I would have never thought about getting them because the ones I see are always so bubbly and look out of place.. but these are so tight to the window and fit perfectly that they look like they are suppose to be there.. as id they came on the car. As for the tint ... Nothing up front and I'm not exactly sure about the back and sides as I didn;t get them tinted.. its factory. But I would assume 20%

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=68368.msg1180699#msg1180699 date=1170345676]

yeah i never like the looks of em, and only use i could think of was to allow you to crack the window and smoke in your car if its raining...but those actually don't look half bad, but i dont smoke so i don't need em.
[/quote]

I am right with him. I have no use for them so ofcourse I wouldn't get them. But usually they look horrible, however they look real nice on your car, especially with the tint.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts

I liked mine on the sedan. Not sure whether I will get them again on the MS3 though. Although it rains a lot here I don't crack my windows much and I found that they lose some of the functionality that the wider visors would have.

Kev

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=Simple69 link=topic=68368.msg1180437#msg1180437 date=1170316625]
- - - althought some will think that they are gay.
[/quote]

I think I'm the official spotter on this usage. It's not the visors that folks are pointing at and smirking. You may need to tighten up your image. :roll:

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Sealy, be nice to the kids now......

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=mndsm link=topic=68368.msg1183425#msg1183425 date=1170450125]
Sealy, be nice to the kids now......
[/quote]

I was nice. No cursing, no threats - just a little motherly advice. :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts