Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm just wondering for all those with rain-sensing wipers.......do you leave it on "auto" while driving or do you turn it off?

and for those who leave it on auto all the time......at what sensitivity do you leave it at?

I'm just wondering cuz i find myself having to turn off the rain-sensing wipers especially during very very light drizzle since it keeps wiping when there are only a few small droplets on the windshield. It's already on the lowest sensitivity and it still does this. So i'm just curious at how everyone else is leaving their setting.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i leave it on auto and turns the sensitivity to the highest possible level at most times, otherwise i just turn it off when the autowipers happens to wipe continuously even when the rain gets really really light

·
Registered
432 Posts
FR3D said:
i leave it on auto and turns the sensitivity to the highest possible level at most times, otherwise i just turn it off when the autowipers happens to wipe continuously even when the rain gets really really light
I do exactly the same .. and if the rain is heavy i change it to 1 since the auto is fast enough for continuous heavy rain.

·
Registered
75 Posts
mine are always on auto and da lowest settings
even in heavy rain i just change da sensitvity to da highest

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If i remember to turn it off.... i'll turn it off..

cuz sometimes when it's dry...but with some dirt droplets or whatevver and i start the car...the sensor goes off and the wiper moved

i just hate that

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about when there's ice on the windshield in the morning and you leave the wipers on auto?

does it turn on?

i heard it's not good for the wipers to be wiping on ice

·
Registered
26 Posts
annoy a squegee kid!

I had my auto wiper on and was at stop light. Out of no where a squegee kid started the washing the windshield. The wiper went off knocked the cigerette out of his hand as well as the squeegee. He was pissed was afraid hewas going to kick the car. In which case I would have to kill him.

Black Grass

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Re: annoy a squegee kid!

Black Grass said:
I had my auto wiper on and was at stop light. Out of no where a squegee kid started the washing the windshield. The wiper went off knocked the cigerette out of his hand as well as the squeegee. He was pissed was afraid hewas going to kick the car. In which case I would have to kill him.

Black Grass
LMAO :lol:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
So did he kicked ur car at the end? what happened afterwards?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i was at a gas station and that guy was trying to help me clean my windshield while i forgot to turn the wipers off, the wipers just goes on and surprised the guy, that's the only bad thing about keeping it on auto mode

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
cowtown said:
Heh, in that case the car was acting in self defense. ;)
Heehee yup, i guess the car defended u too 8)

·
Registered
128 Posts
My auto headlights stopped working and so did my auto wipers. I am guessing its a fuse. I can't find one that is blown. Any ideas? If not, it can wait until my next service... But I would like to fix it if I can do it myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
All you guys with the auto-rain sensing wipers, I'm jealous... really, when I first got the car I was reading through the manual and I got to the rain-sensing part for the wipers and was like, COOOL. Only to be disappointed that its not in the US version (><)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I could not use the auto wipers until I replaced the wipers last week. The stock wipers were so wimpy all they would do was smear water and dirt everywhere making it impossible to see. Now that I have new ones - auto stays on. Did notice them coming on every morning when I start the car though (dirt spots).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts