Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted on the forums in a while, but this has been bugging me over the last few days.

I somehow blew a fuse in my radio after hitting a bump on the road. I put in some amps and speakers using the factory radio over a year ago and I haven't done anything to it since. I never had a problem with it until this past weekend, so I'm curious as to how hitting a bump in the road would cause my radio fuse to blow.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Short in the wiring will be the most likely culprit. When you went over the bump it caused the wiring to contact each other/chassis metal causing the fuse to blow....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what exactly does the radio fuse connect together? I notice that after replacing the fuse, it still remembers which CD/Track/Time i was playing, and the clock isn't reset - so there's still power going to the radio when the radio fuse is out.

I'm just curious because I've gone through about 12 fuses and I still can't figure out why the fuse keeps getting blown. I think i've narrowed it down to the wires on my amp in the trunk, since it has a tendency to go out when I have stuff in my trunk that moves around when I'm driving. But the only things that are connected to the radio from my amp are the RCA's from the LOC and the remote-on wire. I was messing around with it earlier and I wiggled the amp output wires a bit, and the fuse blew. The amp outputs are connected to my speakers - that shouldn't affect my radio fuse right? Maybe I tripped something else while wiggling the output wires. Any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts