Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Operator said:
I once had an officer pull me over for not moving to the next lane when his partner had pulled someone over for speeding. And while he was talking to me he saw my radar detector. He asked "So what do you have that radar detector for" what do ya say in the situation. He told me I could plead the 5th, so I did.
I had an officer ask me the same thing, I told him I use it for the safety warning system it has, to notify me of any accidents and construction zones :D

· Registered
215 Posts
Rocketeer said:
Operator said:
I once had an officer pull me over for not moving to the next lane when his partner had pulled someone over for speeding. And while he was talking to me he saw my radar detector. He asked "So what do you have that radar detector for" what do ya say in the situation. He told me I could plead the 5th, so I did.
I had an officer ask me the same thing, I told him I use it for the safety warning system it has, to notify me of any accidents and construction zones :D
It isn't illegal to use a radar detector in Ohio.
Just tell them that it's to warn you of speed traps.
So what.

· Registered
63 Posts
yeah the install is cool but like i said on that thread it'd be really cool if they put another detector on the back (like in that taillight) for maximum coverage.

· Registered
202 Posts
Roadster 6W 1.8T said:
The problem happens in goofy places like Virginia where they have detector detectors, sit on the side of the road, stop you, confiscate your detector then fine you for a lot of cash.

A trip to Virginia could cost you $1,000 in like 10 seconds flat.

Is there a such thing? A lot of the older radar dectors that I know about are passive systems. They wouldn't give off a signal that was able to be detected. Some of the jammers and scramblers, however, are active systems and fairly easily detectable. I think they now have passive jammers and scramblers available.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.