Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a better set of front rotors to buy other than (RacingBrake HP Front Slotted Rotors, Formula 1, EDP Coating) in the $200 price range or lower?

Well i bought them anyways. Aparently this was a dumb question since no one replies. Haha. I did do some searching though.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Re: RacingBrake HP Front Slotted Rotors a good choice?

RacingBrake has really good products, so I hear. I honestly think you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
140 Posts

You made a good choice I hear EBC's are good as well

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I received my RacingBrake front slotted rotors and HP pads within 2 days of shipment! I think ill update this as i go along because i know ive wanted to see what these look like on the 3.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Installed the RacingBrake rotors, and Hawk Performance pads last Sunday. I notice a difference in performance, i think of course the car would stop better if i put rear RacingBrakes on as well. But these are just the fronts for now.

I will put the ATE Super Blue brake fluid in when i paint the calipers, which will be when it warms up. It is snowing again here in Michigan.

The wheels are ADR S07 17".
Tell me what you guys think.

Ahh i just noticed the antifreeze on the cement in the pic, it must have dripped last night when i was filling it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Now you know you have to get rears right...lol:)

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
double check the direction of the rotors, my racingbrake rotors the slots are in the opposite direction. I'm not sure if the racing brake inner vents are angled in a specific direction or if they are straight, but double check the direction. I think you have may installed them on the incorrect side. There is a rotation direction arrow engraved on the rotor hat, and also there is a yellow slip of paper in the box noting the proper direction/orientation of the rotor.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thats what i get for not taking my time. You are correct, they are on the wrong sides.

Thank you for pointing this out. Do you think its safe to drive still until the weather warms up and i can fix them?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I think it'll be ok to drive it like it is for now, but whenever you get a chance flip them. These late cold fronts during springtime always throws me for a loop. Last year it was a week earlier. :D

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it normal for the pads to stick to the rotor until you give it some gas, while in 20 degree weather?

Its like they are frozen to the rotor after i drive for a few minutes. Like if i turn the car off after driving for a while, and then get back in and start the car, i will have to give it some gas while in drive to get the pads unstuck.

Just never had it happen to my other brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts