Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I just installed my new Racing Beat lowering springs for my 2018 mazda 3 hatch. I got the job done and when I went to drive the car out I got out to look at it, the front arches look as if it's ready to take flight. Did I switch up the coils or is there some else wrong. From was I assumed (there was indication from which is rear spring and front springs) the tightly wounded coils go up from and the wider coil goes to the back. I called the manufacturer and he could give me an answer. What should I do. Did I do something wrong? The springs themselves are fantastic don't get me wrong. I can apex flatter and corner fast, accelerate/brake quicker. They are amazing, but it doesn't look...good.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Interesting! I would think that the front and back springs would not interchange, but since I've never taken the 3's struts/springs apart I don't know for sure.

Racing Beat says this: These springs have been designed with a modest rate increase of approximately 20%, (162 lb/in - Front / 211 lb/in - Rear) and will lower the car .75-inch front, and .5-inch rear.

Did you check ride height before the install and then after to see if you are lower by about what RB states above. Also, maybe give them a call!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts