Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just so happens Mazda tuners extraordinaire (Racing Beat) is located on my way home from work! I stopped by last friday and talked to one of the engineers / customer service guys (forgot his name) about parts for the 3. They had just received a yellew 5 door from Mazda and planned on having springs and sway bars in 4-6 months. I actually didn't drive my 3 last Friday so I'm planning on stopping by again in the next week or so. I'll keep you posted...

Ken

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Blah... convince them to work on a coilover set.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
BAH everyone seems to be working on the 5 doors haha i guess none of us 4 door folk want to part with our cars ;) haha jk..

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Lmao... the suspension is the same, doofus :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
vaBooM said:
Blah... convince them to work on a coilover set.
I think they'll walk before they run!
Racing beat has put out some very affordable springs and sway bars in the past which is what the masses will want over a coilover set up. I really like their springs as they are not as stiff as most of the aftermarket guys. They also do a ton of testing before they put anything on the market - which should ensure an decent improvement over stock.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
SoCalMZ3 said:
They had just received a yellew 5 door from Mazda and planned on having springs and sway bars in 4-6 months.
Excellent! Front sway bar and ... oh wait... springs? I thought it was shocks. never mind.

Looking to setup for SCCA Auto X GS-stock!!!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Match their spring to Koni adjustables. Bingo, perfect AutoX setup.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I think Koni's would make my day :)
being able to adjust means being able to raise car and set for snow in the winter, and then stiffening and lowering car for summer :)

unfortunately, I think spring changes put you in super stock or something.

But a Racing Beat cat back would also make my day.
As soon as someone gets prices, let me know!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts