get the HKS. i love mine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
hks baby!!! :) jdm ftw

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Both are nice, I don't think anyone has had complaints about them.

But, I'd go with Racing Beat who actually designed and manufactured parts for Mazda MP3 and Mazdaspeed Protege. Plus, their tip looks nicer than HKS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sickk thats kinda what i had my mind set on but wasnt sure. i just heard since its so loud its a target for cops. you guys have any trouble with that?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I havent had any trouble with the po-po after installing my racing beat exhaust. Ive driven by plenty of cops and was even pulled over by one and my car was idling while he was standing next to the car, and he didnt say anything about it. Its not loud enough to cause any problems.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
For power gains, HKS will presumably be higher due to it removing a cat. Its also going to be louder.

Said it before ill say it again, racing beat is known for making good products, but not even having a dyno or any numbers at all for gains on their exhaust is completely retarded marketing.

"A great combination of sound and appearance makes this an ideal upgrade for you Mazda 3"

Neat, why not just chop the muffler out and put something else on and put a new tip on it and save shitloads of $

***Not bashing the product, just cant figure out why they would do that***

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
my hks is quiet. it's quieter than vibrant, borla, and magnaflow yet it still removes the 2nd cat.

OWNED!!!

HKS FTMFW!!!!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
[quote author=the415 link=topic=68417.msg1182386#msg1182386 date=1170393268]
my hks is quiet. it's quieter than vibrant, borla, and magnaflow yet it still removes the 2nd cat.

OWNED!!!

HKS FTMFW!!!!
[/quote]
JDM whore! J/K :p

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
[quote author=the415 link=topic=68417.msg1182386#msg1182386 date=1170393268]

OWNED!!!

HKS FTMFW!!!!
[/quote]

Crazy, I had the axle back on my p5 that was moderately loud, really sang when I put on the header. Figured it would be about the same.

Header + Megan racing catback was LOUD (p5)
Vibrant + stock cat, not so much
Vibrant + hiflow, kinda loud
Vibrant + Race pipe, pretty loud
Vibrant + header + race pipe, Uhhh too damn loud

Racing beat minus a cat would probably have an awesome tone.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
if i had the money, i'd sell my tsudo n1 and pick up a racing beat just to straight-pipe it.

i like both of the exhausts, frankly. the racing beat is definitely going to be quieter due to the lack of a cat delete and a baffled muffler.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
im telling you, the hks is not loud at all. you can stand behind it and all you hear is a bit of a rumble. its quieter than the exhausts that keep the stock cat.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
lol...you can hold your breath on that one.

i hear it every week at our mazda meets. my car is the queitest.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
you're also running on a stock intake. does that make a difference? just wondering... not trying to tell you otherwise, just wondering if, when you get on it, that makes a measurable difference?

i wish i could get sponsored by an exhaust company. especially hks. they've still got my favourite system, bar none.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
the intake isn't going to make your car louder in the back.

i'll try to get some good video this weekend. im not biased, everyone at our meets tells me my car is the best sounding of all the 3's. the hks doesn't get overly loud. that's what you're paying for. the hks sound is like no other.

the only intake that i'm going to get is the one that comes with the hiboost.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
that's what i figured, and that's why i know you've never gotten an intake. because you were mostly always planning to go FI, right?

·
Registered
501 Posts
[quote author=the415 link=topic=68417.msg1182730#msg1182730 date=1170427976]
the intake isn't going to make your car louder in the back.

i'll try to get some good video this weekend. im not biased, everyone at our meets tells me my car is the best sounding of all the 3's. the hks doesn't get overly loud. that's what you're paying for. the hks sound is like no other.
[/quote]
are you sure you don't work for HKS?? :lol: I gotta get out to one of the meets, never heard the HKS in person.

seriously though I'd get the HKS.. but thats only because I'm unhappy with Racing Beat's quality and customer support.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
hahaha...i just wonder why more people dont have the hks. it's a really great exhaust.

but yeah, you need to get out to the thursday meets. it's too much fun.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts