Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was originally told that the HKS was one of the quietest exhasuts on the market, well that was not the case at all. The exhasut in my opinion was very loud and droney! Mostly droney on the highways o decleration etc. 2-4K rpm was a nightmare, well added a magnaflow 4" / 22" resonator quieted things down around town, but not on the highway.

After much research purchased a racing beat B-Stock used on a testfit car for $250.00 still looks new! Well if you want a quiet exhaust, this is it. After having the HKS on, I would say the level of the RB is 20% that of the HKS, no drone at all!!!! None!!! No buzy resonating at all, but a nice deep rumble around 1-2.5K other then that pure low level stock sound and I have a HF Catco second cat. Can not be happier now, the tip could look a little better, but the sound is exactly what I wanted!!!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
selling the HKS?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HKS is gone sorry actually it sold in like a week, The HKS is a very nice deep sound similar to the speed3, but the drone on the highway was just too damn over the top. I could barely hold a conversation with my daughter, the bass note was loud as hell. The RB like I said is unbeleavibly quiet.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I WANT ONE !!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
After I get the RB front sway bar. The exhaust is next on my list.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the Racing Beat is very very quiet, been driving for a few days now and I am almost ot the point where I do not think it is much louder then stock. I am going to change out the Rear tip to a larger 4 or 4.5" tip, the 3.5" does not look right to me with the body kit, the HKS filled the section nicely, bit way too damn loud! I really really love this thing now!!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
When will you have it installed?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The tips are due to come in tomorrow, so i will install Saturday and take pics, do not know which one I am going to use right now!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Did you get your exhaust installed?

:popcorn:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts