Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my HID kit from Dabears2k (35watt 6k DDM kit) excellent price by the way..

Anyways, I am trying to remove the front bumper... I am at http://krystmsgarage.com/?p=15 in the garage currently I a stuck at removing the screws (i cant find them) behind the mud guard inside the wheel... Can anyone send some pointers my way rather quick? Any reply would be appreciated...

Cheers-
-Cedar

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind.. Figured it out. I feel dumb. It was right inside the wheel well.

Now just to wire up the ballasts, and I should be on my way. Should I mount them on the bottom of the headlights themselves with duct tape?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the input guys :) I will pick up some 3m tape tomorrow and finish the job up by the afternoon (had to go to work today) Look in the official HID thread for a soon-to-be update : :eek:

Cheers again-
-Cedar

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
[quote author=Krystm link=topic=139558.msg3008801#msg3008801 date=1237666315]
also use a hair dryer or heat gun on the tape to heat it up and get maximum adhesion good luck!
[/quote]

I did that.

I also was able to get zip ties arouns the ballasts as well, there are spots you can drill out on the underside of the headlamps to run zip ties.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright guys, ran into a brick wall again. I'm just trying to be extra careful so I don't have to do everything over again...

I have the lights installed, now I just need to make sure I'm doing the wiring correct. Krystm's is helpful, but with the DDM kit, it is just a little different...

Here are some pics with what I mean.

Meh.

Thank you again. I kind of want to get this done today..

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
"this extra stuff" is the wiring harness so that you can run a power wire straight to it, rather than rely on the stock wiring. Then, the relay is tripped by a minimal current in the stock wiring, and it draws the ~ 12A from your power wire (that'd be the big red one with a fuse in the middle) This provides power to both sides HIDs and must receive a signal from one sides stock wiring.

Leave the DDM ballast as it is.

The "what do i do with these" would connect to your stock wiring if you chose not to use the relay kit (i suggest you use the relay kit) If you use the relay kit, you do not need those wires.

Everything only plugs into one place, however the two short power wires can be replaced by the one large "extra stuff" relay kit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, for some reason I feel like the dumbest user on this forum when it comes to installing HID's... I'm usually pretty good with these types of things, so once again thank you for bearing with me on my constant stream of amateur questions.

On the image shown below, this is what I have setup at the moment. As of right now I'm going to go with the stock wiring, just to play it safe, and will upgrade to the "extra stuff" later. The two wires that I previously had taped up, I could not fit through the rubber weather protector, but if I connected those to the power, it would not be going through the ballasts... Which does not make sense to me.. So this is what I have, if you could tell me what i'm doing right/wrong...

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts