Mazda3 Forums banner

Quick help 08 Mazda3 GT won’t start

751 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  m3iguy 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

New to the forum, joined because I got a good deal on an 08 Mazda 3 grand touring hatch. Now I got it for a deal because the starter went out on the car when the guy left for short deployment for 3 months, came back couldn’t turn it on. So he bought a new battery and still nothing so he took the starter out and got it tested at advanced auto and was told the starter was bad. So I got a new starter and put it in today but still nothing. All I get is one click and then nothing. Could I have not put the starter on correctly? Or does this sound like another issue? We checked all the fuses and relays and they were all fine. We tried push starting and at one point the engine tried to start but my buddy couldn’t get it to catch. Any help would be great as this is my only means of transportation and need to get it fixed this weekend. Also the car is a manual transmission Thanks for any help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.