Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 2007 Mazdaspeed 3

1) BOSE CD changer won't play MP3 discs? I thought all today's car stereo should play MP3 CDs.

2) The little black box says BOSE on it under passenger seat is the 7th speaker? A subwoofer or something? How come I don't feel a thing? Is it normal?

3) If I have satellite radio installed, that means the AUX input won't work? I read it somewhere saying an extra Y adoptor is needed to make both working? Is that true? When I press MEDIA button, it doesn't show anything, no AUX shows on display.

Thanks!

·
Registered
280 Posts
The black box under the passanger seat is the "sub" for the Bose system. Try turning the bass level up to about 4 or 5 to get some nice fill from it. It is not, and I repeat, a thumper system. If all your looking to do is rattle windows, go aftermarket. But if you want low end that makes sense in the car, the Bose dose this well. Also, keep in mind that the FCC limits radio broadcast to 20:1 from the output of the station to your car. That means this signal is very compress to begin with..Play a CD in the system to get a real idea of what it can do. This system is much better at playing loud and clear mid and highs with a very tight low end response, with out the Thump and Air movent, so the sound you hear is more like what the mix should be..Its sucks that it dosent play MPS disks, but if you have a player, just use that, and yes you need a Y cable to run both the sat and the aux.....

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
[quote author=Kawwikid link=topic=67473.msg1160801#msg1160801 date=1169403510].Its sucks that it dosent play MPS disks, but if you have a player, just use that, and yes you need a Y cable to run both the sat and the aux.....
[/quote]

Just for some clarification: there isn't an actual Y-cable adapter that you need; it's actually an automatic switchbox. The input on the back of the HU that the aux in/satellite receiver plugs into isn't simply a line-in; there's logic circuits there too, so you need the special switchbox. The average price for it is about $120.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts