Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
Well I have the silver trim around my stereo, a/c controls and that carbon fiber dash/door trim.
and I would like to paint it. I'm thinking about something close to piano black.

1) How difficult is it to get a good looking job done using duplicolor spray paint, what steps did you take(if you've done it)

2) How durable is it, does it scratch easily?

3) Finally, has anyone had any complaints about their custom paint job (again assuming you have done it yourself) and are you satisfied with it?

I am familiar with the steps of automotive paint and I have done some work myself, but it's a little frightening to think about ripping my dash apart and possibly screwing up the paint job :shock:. I just need a little help making up my mind.

Thanks for any info on the topic. It's much appreciated.

·
Registered
647 Posts
[quote author=Mz3 de Best link=topic=139686.msg3011165#msg3011165 date=1237810771]
i painted the strip and the plastic around my doors to the same color as my exterior. Im really satisfied on it and it looks amazing. I get many compliments!DO IT!!!
[/quote]

That does look really good, what paint did you use??

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
go to paintscratch.com and find your car..u can buy the paint color in gallons or full sized spraycans. i reccomend the gallons but if you dont have a gun and compressor the spraycan should be just fine. Just get their clearcoat also so u dont end up getting a different brand which could potentially react with the color paint. thanks and i love it myself.goodluck!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts