Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys posted dozens of things about lowering, but I still have an unanswered question. Which is I want to buy the eibach sportline lowering springs, I called eibach and they said its a 2" drop front and rear of my car. So do I need a camber kit ? And if so for both front and rear or just rear or just the front???

Thanks!! And I drive a 2010 mazda 3i 2.0.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
It would be wise to get some SPC or get away with mazdaspeed accessory camber arms at least (but those are hard to find these days)

You don't HAVE to, but it's going to be recommended 99% of the time. Otherwise it will be impossible to fully correct your alignment.

Without camber plates (or coilovers) (all which are mostly junk) you can't adjust the camber in the front. But up front you'll be fine.

I hope you're replacing your dampers as well to correct for spring height!

·
Registered
75 Posts
If the 3 is anything like the 6, the rear camber seems to increase more then the front.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
McPherson suspension doesn't really cause much of an increase in negative camber due to its nature. In fact, after you begin to lower it, it will approach gaining positive camber (depending how low you go and how soft your suspension is)

6's .. DID (no longer the case with the 2014) have wishbone suspension up front which weighed a ridiculous amount for no reason. And wishbone suspension sees minimal camber change when lowering. Which is why you near always see wishbone suspension in race cars (modified or not, chances are it's a double wishbone system)

That said; a multilink trailing arm is in the rear; and due to the... "geometry" (which isn't much..) it increases in negative camber the lower it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts