Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys go to a different dealership for warranty issues than the dealership you purchased the car from? Are there any issues with that?

I was told over the phone to contact the original dealership for warranty issues. The only problem with that is my purchase dealership is 700 miles away. :shock:

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a similar situation. My dealer is about 140 miles away, compared to 40 for the closest. My understanding is that the mazda warranty allows you to go to ANY mazda dealership. I think contacting your original dealership is just the standard suggestion.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Keep in mind dealerships do set their own pricings for services... I was told "about $25" for an oilchange at my original dealership, and paid nearer $45 at the one closer to where I work during the week.

·
Registered
257 Posts
loudboxer said:
Keep in mind dealerships do set their own pricings for services... I was told "about $25" for an oilchange at my original dealership, and paid nearer $45 at the one closer to where I work during the week.
We're talking about warranty work here. With a warranty, you only pay the deductible. I believe there is no deductible for the original manufacturers warranty.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Aren't the dealers reimbursed from the Manufacturer for Warranty Work anyway?

I purchased my last car from a dealer over 30 minutes away and went there a few times - but it was such an inconvenience when I had a dealer 5 minutes away from me and they seemed eager to have me as a regular customer, and with that peice of crap car, I was there A LOT for warranty work. I figured the factory pays them for warranty repairs - anyone know if that's true? :?

·
Registered
257 Posts
nikita said:
Aren't the dealers reimbursed from the Manufacturer for Warranty Work anyway?

I purchased my last car from a dealer over 30 minutes away and went there a few times - but it was such an inconvenience when I had a dealer 5 minutes away from me and they seemed eager to have me as a regular customer, and with that peice of crap car, I was there A LOT for warranty work. I figured the factory pays them for warranty repairs - anyone know if that's true? :?
Whoever is backing the warranty pays for the repairs.

·
Registered
882 Posts
You can take your car to any Mazda dealership in North America with the standard warranty. I'm surprised the dealership wouldn't want you to come there because while they don't make as much as they used to the dealerships still make money off of warranty repairs as they are paid by Mazda directly.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cowtown said:
You can take your car to any Mazda dealership in North America with the standard warranty. I'm surprised the dealership wouldn't want you to come there because while they don't make as much as they used to the dealerships still make money off of warranty repairs as they are paid by Mazda directly.
I think I was told to do that based on the driver/dealer relationship thing. Mazda corporate probably endorses positive relationships as much as possible because it effects repeat sales.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.