Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm in the market to buy a new car in Edmonton (mine was just written off) and I really like the MS3. I called one of the dealers here in town and was told that they were not gonna be available till the summer time, but i see on the forum that some of you already have them. The dealer said that they wanted a $1000 to hold one and they didn't even know whether they could get me one.(Unfortunatly I need a car resonably quick) Is the dealer full of crap or is this near the truth?

Any response would be great thanks.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
He is telling you the truth. All dealerships in town only got a few Speed3's, I think it was only 2. They are only releasing a certain amount of them in Canada per year to help keep demand high so they can stuff their pockets with more money. Greedy fuckers. The good news is the only one I've seen in town was driven by some old lady so you could always break her hip and steal her car.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Or jet down to the U.S. to pick one up. You could do it in a week if you pick one that is already on the dealers lot. It took five months to get mine here, but I ordered it and then it was built two months later.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The next set of MS3's (In white) should be available April/May - Go see Rob at Autoworld Mazda in Leduc - tell him Blake sent you. He'll help you out!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey all

Thanks for the replies, its good to know that they were telling the truth. I wish I could wait a while to pick one up but I have about 1 week to buy a new car. I already have my 07 Mazda3 Sport picked out so I should have it in a couple days.

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
976 Posts
[quote author=BigTrucker link=topic=66951.msg1149674#msg1149674 date=1168822968]
He is telling you the truth. All dealerships in town only got a few Speed3's, I think it was only 2. They are only releasing a certain amount of them in Canada per year to help keep demand high so they can stuff their pockets with more money. Greedy fuckers. The good news is the only one I've seen in town was driven by some old lady so you could always break her hip and steal her car.
[/quote]

I've seen a grandma driving a mustang and she was reving the engine, that was a classic.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
[quote author=ArmyDude link=topic=66951.msg1150004#msg1150004 date=1168838472]
Hey all

Thanks for the replies, its good to know that they were telling the truth. I wish I could wait a while to pick one up but I have about 1 week to buy a new car. I already have my 07 Mazda3 Sport picked out so I should have it in a couple days.

Thanks for the replies
[/quote]

Sorry to hear you had to settle for a hatch

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
congrats army dude.

hatch for the win. hope to see you out at some meets

·
Registered
37 Posts
[quote author=ArmyDude link=topic=66951.msg1149602#msg1149602 date=1168818556]
Hi all

I'm in the market to buy a new car in Edmonton (mine was just written off) and I really like the MS3. I called one of the dealers here in town and was told that they were not gonna be available till the summer time, but i see on the forum that some of you already have them. The dealer said that they wanted a $1000 to hold one and they didn't even know whether they could get me one.(Unfortunatly I need a car resonably quick) Is the dealer full of crap or is this near the truth?

Any response would be great thanks.
[/quote]

It depends on you. I had similar responses from my local dealer here in Spokane, Washington. I ended up flying down to Vancouver, WA (by Portland OR) to get a speed 3. They had six in stock and I was able to get it for 2 grand less than what they wanted here. I paid UNDER msrp at Mark Webb Mazda in Vancouver!
So if you are willing to travel you can find the car you want right now and break it in on the way home.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
at highway speeds I'd be more likely to break it, rather than break it in on the way home.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
the other shitty thing is you have to vary the rpms in the first 1000kms

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
[quote author=budgy link=topic=66951.msg1154087#msg1154087 date=1169051050]
An extra cog on the shaft and another gate for the gearbox?
[/quote]

is that what the kids call it these days?

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
"driving a stick?" is that what the kids are calling it these days?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts