Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
I haven't got mine yet to check the manual, But my dealer called to inform that i should have it by thursday...

Why do you want to know the oil weight? What does that effect??

M

·
0 Posts
I did read somewhere on the mazda6, They changed the engine oil to some sort of mobil engine oil and it increased engine performance..

May also apply to mz3's too..

·
Registered
650 Posts
According to the user manual and depending on temperature they indicate the following oils SAE viscosity ratings. 20w-20, 10w-40, 10w-50, 20w-40, 15w-40, 20w-50, 15w-50, 5w-20, 5w-30. Seems that 5w-20 and 5w-30 will cover from -20F to +100F (-30C to +40C).

It states in the manual "Engine oil viscosity, or thickness, has an effect on fuel economy and cold weather operation (starting and oil flow). Low viscosity engine oils can provide improved fuel economy and cold weather performance. But high temperature weather conditions require a higher viscosity engine oils for satisfactory lubrication."

·
Registered
308 Posts
looks like you own the hatch SP23, therefore the oil weight should be equal to the weight of the car. I recommend 1,251 kilograms of oil is added to your vehicle. This will give it a nice 1:1 ratio. Your engine won't hold all this oil so you'll need to make some room for it in the passenger compartment.

Alternately just leave it for your mazda service mechanics at your next service. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts