Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our recommended PSI is 32. What should I be running if I have RX8 rims? in the snow and in the summer?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I bet a lot of people who have the rx-8 rims switch back to stock for winter. For winter I'd say stick with 32-34, in the summer you could probably up it some.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
My friend just got a new 2006 Shinka RX-8 yesterday for $26,000 out the door at Puente Hills Mazda.

It came with Bridgestone Potenza RE070s... Those should never be driven in the snow. :)

He got a decent deal considering the MSRP is like 33k not including ttl... Same color as me... Titanium Grey.

The ride was bumpier and louder than my car with lots of shift shock for the 6-speed. It looks pretty sweet!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I run my rx-8 wheels in all year round with ASX's despite what people told me that they terrible in the snow. They havent seen a lot of deep snow but the one time they did I had no problems. And by deep I mean rubbing on the bottom of the car. I run them at 30psi in the winter time. Another thing, if they salt the roads where your at spray your wheels down now and then to remove the salt.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys thanks for the reply, you run them 30 eh that pretty low :) I will look into your suggestion.

Oh yeah for sure they salt 'em roads up here LOL I hose down my car about once a week , it looks sweet though love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts