Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does it take you to put it on and take it off? Is it relatively easy or difficult?

I drive ~100 highway miles on the weekends, so I'm thinking about using the front mask once a week.
Is it worth it? Doable?

My M3 Hatch GT is 2 days old and its got a nice looking rock chip already.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
You mean the black BRA right?

The people with the clear films don't remove them, once they are on there, they stay I think.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I have the black mask and it takes about ten minutes to put on after the initial install.
The first time it takes about 45 minutes because you have to stretch it and figure where the straps should go. No damage to paint yet, but I take it off before a rain and make sure the car is very clean before install. Good for highway trips.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I've never used the clear film, but I've heard good things about them. There are people on this forum with the film I think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sunsilver, so you don't use it when it rains? why?

what if i was driving on the freeway with the mask on, and then it started to rain?

thanks!

G

·
You should leave it on to drive in the rain....that's what it's there for, to protect against all the crap that gets kicked up by the cars in front of you. As soon as you get a chance after the precip stops, take it off, clean the bra and the car, and re-install. A few days wearing a wet bra won't hurt anything. The damage starts when the water is trapped under the bra and mold and fungus begin to grow. The trapped moisture can cloud the clearcoat and weaken your paint. If you think you might have a problem with this important maintenance, a clear bra may be what you need.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
If I know it is going to rain I keep it off because I don't want the car to dry with it on.
I have had it on when it rains but take it off as soon as I can. It gets too dirty on the underside after a rain and takes time to clean it and dry it before it can be used again.
I use it when I know I am going to be on the highway alot.
One good thing, it hides the chips you may already have!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Taking the Bra on and off is relatively easy. The first time I put it on it took about 45 minutes and about 5 minutes to take it off. Now it takes me about 10 minutes to put it on and about 5 to take it off. Since my comute to work is about 80 miles back and forth I keep the bra on majority of the time. I take it off on weekendss to wash the car and the bra.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts