Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasnt sure where to post this, so I thought this would be a good place to start. I am a captain on a vlounteer fire department in south eastern wisconsin, and just took delivery of a 2007 I4 Fusion, alloy in color, and am looking for locations to mount LED Warning lights. I have a few ideas of where to locate some items (Mobile radio, Led Dash light, ECT). Just cutrious to what others have done.

·
Registered
781 Posts
search on here a bit, there's at least one guy who's fitted his MZ3 with emergency warning lights -- I think some kind of EMS tech.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Maverick9110E is a Mazda guy who's got some lights. His set-up is a couple of strobes (blue and white) on the dash. I'm pretty sure I've seen others, but he can definitely give a suggestion!

He's out of town till Friday I believe... but he's a regular and will be around real soon!

R

·
0 Posts
Good news Jnettesheim. I to am a volunteer firefighter, with an Fusion. All I have done right now is a dash light, right underneath the rearview mirror. Works fine. If you get TIR3 or LIR3 whichever one of those, they are like the 3 LEDS in a row, for exterior use. I am pretty sure they could fit right underneath the 3 chrome grill bars, between those and the body.

However, nothing will ever touch my cars paint lol. So I would just go with headlight flashers! Or even if that, maybe some strobes in the headlight housing.

I've got the Signal Mini Phatom in the dash. I also have a Siren/Speaker, type deal. I put the speaker in the opening underneath the two lowest chrome bars. Their is a wide opening were you can see the radiator, so I stuck the speaker right in there.

If you want pics of all this stuff, I can get some, except for the speaker, speaker is out for repair right now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
none of the firefighters in my county are allowed red lights in their personal vehicles... all stations career and volunteer are manned twenty four hours... red lights would be cool tho lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts