1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to keep clean?
Are you happy choosing that color?

I'm debating between silver and black

Leaning more towards black but I see how hard a time I have keeping my black jetta clean so its turning me off :x

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
swirl marks are a bitch. I don't live up north though, so it's not very hard keeping black clean at all. That salt up there makes every car look dirty-get silver.

·
Banned
868 Posts
The black isn't a "true" black. It's got some metallic flakes to it.

However, it is still very dark....so it IS very hard to keep clean (esp. in Vancouver weather). A week after I clean it, it needs a through washing again.....this is with a few days of rain and a few days of sunshine.

Swirl marks are a bitch too. But that's a given with any dark coloured car.

BUT. I love my car :D

·
Registered
563 Posts
YES! Any car up north, darker than white, will look dirty throughout the winter. Especially here in MD where salt is used excessively. There is a fairly deep metallic to it, whihc is the reason I chose the Black Mica. THe metallic appears blue and gold and makes the car look dark charcoal when clean in the sun. I think the mica will help to mask swirls, however, you will still see some with any dark color.
Honestly, silver was definately last years color, and I would guess that 40% of cars currently on the road are silver. Go take a trip through your local parking lot. I think the black mica is a nice, rich looking color.

My second 3 will be black mica as well.

Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts