Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of putting a turbo on my Mazda 3 and i was wondering if anyone has done this in Aus?

·
Registered
659 Posts
One guy named Kurt in Queensland has done it.
He's got 204.2kW ATW on 12psi, has run 13.48s @ 106.21mph but with some more upgrades in progress is aiming for the 11sec bracket I think. His transmission has given up though :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really, that sounds awesome! Im in the process of getting a kit from SCI in America. Just some things need to be changed for the kit in Aus because of the brake booster placement b/w LH drive and RH drive. It will probably only have 250 hp atw, so about 185kw. Definantly enough tho. Also, a Quaife LSD is on its way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In Melbourne.

Apparently the gearbox is fine if you don't upgrade the clutch. Clutch life might not be as long as normal, but better than changing the Gearbox!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, Titanium grey, and my names Adam. Close.. :) Who's Eric?

Price is roughly 6k including shipping. although, it hasnt arrived yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Live around Pascoe Vale Sth, but commute regulary to the South Eastern 'burbs to see my gf. I would love to go for a dyno day when its all in and running, just to see what it really has. Do you guys know of any happening in 1-2 months?

·
Registered
659 Posts
We actually might be organising one very soon, our past dyno days have been held at Pro-tek Automotive in Preston. Would love to see your car there with it's turbo kit in. You might be my inspiration to keep this car instead of getting rid of it once I get off my P's!
I'll PM you if we have a dyno day starting up.

Oh yeah sorry, I just was talking about a guy named Eric in Melbourne waiting for a turbo kit to arrive aswell for Mazda3 so I just took a chance and see if it was you haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts