Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, there is something that confuses me. I went to the dealer the other day and test drove a Mazda3 sedan. I looked at the guages and didnt notice the white rim. I asked the salesman if this car had the "Tri-mode electroluminescent guages that offer three different lighting varations" and he said only the 5door has it. He said the sedan offers only one color, red illumination. Sure enough I checked all the mazda3 the dealer had, and only the 5door hatchback had them. However when I came home and looked at some pictures I noticed sedans have the tri-color guages too. wuts the deal? Do i have to order it?

Ex:
<-does every car light up like this? (sorry bad pic)

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
All "S" sedans have the electroluminescent gauges. Are you sure you didn't test drive the "i" sedan? Your salesman doesn't seem to know much about his products :(

·
Registered
526 Posts
What a surprise... a car salesman that doesn't know what he's talking about! :twisted:

·
Registered
947 Posts
neoriffic said:
What a surprise... a car salesman that doesn't know what he's talking about! :twisted:
Truely, he brings shame to a revered profession.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
thats kind of harsh

·
Registered
62 Posts
hah thats my cars gauges from cardomain..ahah that is a mazda3 GT from canada. 4 door cuz there ain't no other way!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Can u rephrase urself? ur sentences are vague.

Only sedan's GT model and the HBs get that tri-colour gauges
(S models in US)

So basically only the 2.3L models get that kind of gauge.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had a salesman argueing with me about the price differences. He told me 5doors cost more than 4doors with the same options. I just let him think that and went to another dealer.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
letzleta said:
I had a salesman argueing with me about the price differences. He told me 5doors cost more than 4doors with the same options. I just let him think that and went to another dealer.
well what kind of option were u looking at?

In most cases, he's right...it would cost more for 5 doors if u wanna include moonroofs or leathers...

·
Registered
26 Posts
A fully loaded 4door 2.3L without leather is a few hundreds less than the price of a base 5door. Yet you are fully laoded, including a moonroof.

·
Registered
744 Posts
letzleta said:
He is actually right, $495 difference. The reason why is the sport package is standard on the 5-door. He might not have said it correctly, but the 5-door base price is more than the 4-door S base price. If you don't want the 17" rims and the side sills then you should get a sedan because they are standard on the 5-door.

TinkyWinkyGT said:
A fully loaded 4door 2.3L without leather is a few hundreds less than the price of a base 5door. Yet you are fully laoded, including a moonroof.
Not in the US... crazy Canadians :D

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
All depends on where you buy it from... Someone can get a fully loaded 5 door cheaper then someone else that gets a 4 door with just moonroof...
haha

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Mattleegee said:
All depends on where you buy it from... Someone can get a fully loaded 5 door cheaper then someone else that gets a 4 door with just moonroof...
haha
well i believe we're all talking about MSRP here..

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Inno said:
Mattleegee said:
haha
well i believe we're all talking about MSRP here..
*claps*

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
then what do u mean by depends on where u buy it from then??

isnt' everywhere u buy in the states is basically the same rate? (except the taxes of corz)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Inno said:

isnt' everywhere u buy in the states is basically the same rate? (except the taxes of corz)
Some places jack up the price because the car is "in high demand" and in low supply. One lie you should never fall for.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
mnemonicj said:
Inno said:

Some places jack up the price because the car is "in high demand" and in low supply. One lie you should never fall for.
i dun think u would fall for that....

·
Registered
656 Posts
TinkyWinkyGT said:
Actually, the 4 door GT sedan starts at $21,445... and the base 5dr is $20,285.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
rsx_r04 said:
TinkyWinkyGT said:
Actually, the 4 door GT sedan starts at $21,445... and the base 5dr is $20,285.
however, u comparing with the 5-dr without a/c option tho..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts