Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a couple of questiosn if you don't mind.

1. Is it true that the body of this car can be easily dented as mentioned in the "things i hate about mazda" thread?

2. Do they all come with the bose speakers?

3. for those who have the Carbon gray color, does it show scratches easily and so on? I'm very picky as you can tell but I love this color..

Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
[quote author=KenEm link=topic=67624.msg1163782#msg1163782 date=1169527371]

1. Is it true that the body of this car can be easily dented as mentioned in the "things i hate about mazda" thread?

3. for those who have the Carbon gray color, does it show scratches easily and so on? I'm very picky as you can tell but I love this color..

Thanks
[/quote]

1. I don't see it as anything different than any other cars I've owned. But I'm not going to try to dent my panels either :)
2. Bose comes with the upgraded models. I have the S model hatch, comes with a non-Bose.
3. Don't have Carbon Gray, Galaxy Gray. But all the colors use a white primer, so scratches will stand out if it goes beyond the topcoat.
4. No paint chips (yet?) with 5K miles. But do have a cracked windshield from following a truck on the freeway :(

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
[quote author=KenEm link=topic=67624.msg1163782#msg1163782 date=1169527371]

Thanks
[/quote]

1) The 3 is no harder to "easily dent" then any other new car on the road. Most manufacturers have started designing their cars with "pedestrian impacts" in mind... so body panels will give to absorb energy. That's going to be the case for any other modern car. For what it's worth, I got my door slammed into by another forum member while at a meet. The impact was violent enough to shake my car a bit... and there was only a tiny ding left in my door. Maybe it was the spot the door was hit... but I got the impression from that experience that the doors aren't exactly "soft".

2) No. Only cars with the Grand Touring (GT) trim level are equipped with Bose speakers. You can find all that information right on Mazda's website.

3) As with ANY car with dark paint, scratches will appear exaggerated. I'll agree with Mazz on this point.

4) If something hits your paint, it will chip. Again, modern cars are all similar in this regard. Manufacturers are all using "Eco-friendly" paint that goes on much thinner. I would encourage you to check out other car forums and see for yourself. From Acura's to Volvo's... everyone complains about paint chipping... unfortunately!!

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
[quote author=rbau493 link=topic=67624.msg1170975#msg1170975 date=1169854575]
If he is from Canada, carbon grey is available :p
[/quote]

:dur: There I go thinking the US is the only place there is again... dumbass.

Thanks for stopping the "clue train" to let me get on. I'll revise my post.

·
Registered
305 Posts
[/quote]

I meant that I don't have carbon gray, but galaxy gray. I wish they had carbon in the states, I like it better than galaxy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got my '07 Mazda 3 GT sedan luxury (Carbon Gray) Wooooooo so happy!!!

P.S.

It looks like the 07's don't have the Bose speaker grills anymore hehe..it looks like just the regular speakers.

·
Registered
321 Posts
if it's like the '06s. the bose stereo only comes with the moonroof at least in the us.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
[quote author=KenEm link=topic=67624.msg1172216#msg1172216 date=1169949186]
Just got my '07 Mazda 3 GT sedan luxury (Carbon Gray) Wooooooo so happy!!!

P.S.

It looks like the 07's don't have the Bose speaker grills anymore hehe..it looks like just the regular speakers.

[/quote]

Congratulations! I was going to say you should post in the "I just got my Mazda3 thread"... but it looks like you already did!

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=68025.0

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
[quote author=MetalCord link=topic=67624.msg1171990#msg1171990 date=1169937012]
[/quote]

:dur: There I go thinking the US is the only place there is again... dumbass.

Thanks for stopping the "clue train" to let me get on. I'll revise my post.
[/quote]

:mrgreen: Good one, Felipe. I'll have to remember the "clue train", because I've certainly missed it more than once!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey rbau -

we are both new members so I can't answer your questions - my e mail is available so use it if you wanna ask me some questions - then I can actually answer you

·
Registered
37 Posts
[quote author=carbon GT link=topic=67624.msg1175775#msg1175775 date=1170128645]
Hey rbau -

we are both new members so I can't answer your questions - my e mail is available so use it if you wanna ask me some questions - then I can actually answer you
[/quote]

Ah gotcha, didnt know that, Ill send a email.

*EDIT* says your email is hidden, so send me a email if you like and I will reply.

Sorry for the :hijacked:

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote author=icspots link=topic=67624.msg1173020#msg1173020 date=1170008802]
Bose comes on the GT in the US

[/quote]

Bose comes on the GT in the US only if you get the moonroof/6 CD/Bose package. Granted chances are any GT you see on a dealer lot will already have this package. I had to order mine to get it without the package.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts