Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing, where can I find our ATE superblue DOT4 brake fluid that everyone is talking about? I know I can get it from tirerack, but I was hoping somewhere local would have it because they want like 9 bucks to ship a 12 dollar can of it.LOL

Second, I've seen alot of posts about seasoning rotors and bedding pads. But, most of them are talking about if you get JUST new pads, OR JUST new rotors. I just ordered front and rear racingbrake rotors, and front and rear Hawk HPS pads and the stainless lines. So, do I do the same steps? Season the rotors, then bedding the pads. Or what would you do?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dont know if they have them near you but S&G import auto parts carry ATE or check any performance shops. Also depending on what you are upgrading for Valvoline make a synpower dot 3 with a respectable boiling point that should be very easy to find. As far as the new brakes go it kinda depends on what you get. The hawks will come with a sheet that tells you how to bed them but some rotors come with a coating on them that needs to be wiped off (or washed off with soap and water).

·
Registered
435 Posts
i have used the synpower alot and i think it is a DOT4 not 3. the only reason i would buy the super blue over the synpower is because its blue so you can tell 100% when the brakes are flushed completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts