Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preparing for our icy weather in MD this morning, last night I applied my emergency brake because our driveway is a little hill and my wife's car was parked in front of me. Well, waking up this morning to an icy hell...I attempted to move my vehicle so my wife could go to work.

I put my MZ3 in reverse and was spinning out the back tired. Same when I put it in drive. Then, (light bulb went off) I realized I still had the parking brake applied. After degaging it, I drove right out of my icy driveway.

While spinning the tires and with the emergency brake applied, could I have messed up anything? I gave it gas about twice briefly in reverse and once briefly in drive.

Thanks for the advice...

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
No.. except burned a little rubber.

·
Registered
526 Posts
ImportLuva4Life said:
While spinning the tires and with the emergency brake applied, could I have messed up anything?
So I guess you've never done parking break donuts in the snow? :twisted:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
neoriffic said:
ImportLuva4Life said:
While spinning the tires and with the emergency brake applied, could I have messed up anything?
So I guess you've never done parking break donuts in the snow? :twisted:
I've done those!!!

LOL

For ImportLuva, no you didn't mess up anything. It's a FWD car, so there's nothing to worry about (the emergency brake presses on the rear wheels). If it was an AWD car... we'd have something else on our hands :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts