Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that on my car, the seat belt receptacle on the passenger side sits about 3-4 inches higher than on the drivers side. My daughter has been complaining that it digs into her side when it's fastened. Has anyone else noticed this? Not sure if it is supposed to be that way or not, but it's very noticeable.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yea, I noticed this. My wife hasn't complained about it, but I wondered why the "gooseneck" on the passenger side seatbelt receptable is so long.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I believe its adjustable... I gotta check in my car later though... Should have a button to press on the side to lower or raise it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
D said:
I believe its adjustable... I gotta check in my car later though... Should have a button to press on the side to lower or raise it.
The part that attaches to the car on the outboard side adjusts, but I haven't seen anything on the inboard side (next to the console).

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Saw that, I thought it was a mistake since the drivers seat's height adjusts. They just used the same length neck for the passanger's side even though it doesn't have height adjust.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Didn't notice it, nobody who's been in the passenger seat (even myself) noticed it. Tell her to sit more to the right. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts