Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am thinking of buying Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs with Koni FSD Dampers and MazdaSpeed rear camber kit for my mazda3 hatch

I know that the lowering springs lower the car about 1.2 inches, my questions is mostly for those that have those springs

How do those springs look on a car?, am i going with the right set up(mostly just wanting to lower the car so it looks better, it's a daily driver and no need for track suspension)? and could you provide me with pictures on your car how low does the car look

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Hey I have the Eibach Pro Kit. I have had it installed on my 3 for roughly a year and a half. I love the handling improvement. I get little or no body roll. I really like the look that lowering the car has provided. I do wish that the someone made a quality kit that was between the prokit and the sportline kit. I like the look of the sportline kit but it is then a necessary thing to use the camber links to get everything back into spec. The prokit doesn't require that so that was the deciding factor to go that way. Also the ride quality is almost like stock. Here is a couple of pic's to show before and after
Before:

After

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
after setteling the pro-kit will lower the hatch a little ove 1.5in.

with stock rims

with 18" rims

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
krystek01, you really can't go wrong with this kit. I would say it is one of the most popular here on the forums. I had planned on getting it myself, but I am going with the mazdaspeed drop (its essentially the same kit, but it comes with the camber links as well and maintains a warranty by mazda). Everything else I've done is mazdaspeed as well (intake, exhaust) so I wanted to complete the transition by using the speed drop. That will probably happen sometime in the spring (I hope!) Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
89 Posts
[quote author=krystek01 link=topic=70378.msg1229999#msg1229999 date=1172361272]
I am thinking of buying Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs with Koni FSD Dampers and MazdaSpeed rear camber kit for my mazda3 hatch
[/quote]

May I ask why you are going with the MazdaSpeed rear camber kit in lieu of the Eibach/SPC kit? Both are quality pieces, but the Eibach is adjustable and about $40 less than MazdaSpeed.

I installed the Koni FSDs & Eibach Pro-kit w/the Eibach Rear camber kit on my car yesterday. I am going to take some more pictures after my car has settled some.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
When you start getting things that adjust, they seem to either break or wear faster than those that aren't adjustable. So I can see why he's getting the MazdaSpeed links.

These springs are to 80% of this forums liking. I have the springs sitting under my bed, awaiting install. I can't wait to get them installed though, very soon they will be.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
The FSDs are geared more towards daily driving, where the Yellows offer more aggressive damping and are adjustable. The FSDs are kinda kewl cause under high frequency dampening they are lighter as to soak up bumps, but under low frequency stuff like when you turn a corner they stiffen up and reduce body roll. The Yellows have a set rebound but have adjustable compression, or is the other way around? From what I have gathered even on the softest setting the Yellows are still pretty harsh.

I am personally looking into the Prokit/FSD combo.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one more question, do you really need rear camber kit for this set up?

·
Registered
89 Posts
The rear camber kit can always be put on later if you notice that the inside shoulders of your tires are wearing abnormally fast.

As far as the installation of the camber kit, the right rear is a S.O.B. only because of the @#[email protected]#%@ auto-leveling sensor in the way, and in my opinion, working around that was the most time consuming part of the install. The upper link install can be done without dropping the lower arm, so it is not like you are going to save yourself tons of time by doing it at the same time you do the rear suspension.

·
Registered
587 Posts
do you really need to get new shocks with the pro kit?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts